Home

Question about the playcalling system and assigning plays

This is a discussion on Question about the playcalling system and assigning plays within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21
Question about the playcalling system and assigning plays

I'm kinda confused on assigning plays for the bench players. I see that in the system it has plays for 'Backup PG', 'Backup SG'...etc. What I have a a bench full of SF and PF's? How will it handle the plays for Backup PG and how does it assign plays for the backup SF and PF if there is only one play designed for each? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Question about the playcalling system and assigning plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
I'm kinda confused on assigning plays for the bench players. I see that in the system it has plays for 'Backup PG', 'Backup SG'...etc. What I have a a bench full of SF and PF's? How will it handle the plays for Backup PG and how does it assign plays for the backup SF and PF if there is only one play designed for each? Thanks.
I cant even figure out HOW to call plays outside of D-pad RIGHT....Not the Biggest 2K player (last version was 2K7) so that might be the issue.

I just want to know how to pull up QUICK PLAYS and POSITION plays...Says press LB but that literally does nothing for me.

I need some help.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
Bench plays share plays between all players at the position. so if you have 3 sf on your bench the 4 bench plays will show up as plays for all 3 of them when they enter the game.

if you have no bench pg those plays can NOT be reassigned to another bench position.

Its not ideal but they did give us a way at least to have different plays for our bench players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I cant even figure out HOW to call plays outside of D-pad RIGHT....Not the Biggest 2K player (last version was 2K7) so that might be the issue.

I just want to know how to pull up QUICK PLAYS and POSITION plays...Says press LB but that literally does nothing for me.

I need some help.
to use the new playcalling system press the lb and then icons appear over each players head. select the icon for you player you want to call a play for and then his 4 plays will pop up and then you select the icon for that play.

So a successful play call would be lb then a to select your pg then a again for the first play in his 4 play playbook.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #4
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Bench plays share plays between all players at the position. so if you have 3 sf on your bench the 4 bench plays will show up as plays for all 3 of them when they enter the game.

if you have no bench pg those plays can NOT be reassigned to another bench position.

Its not ideal but they did give us a way at least to have different plays for our bench players.

to use the new playcalling system press the lb and then icons appear over each players head. select the icon for you player you want to call a play for and then his 4 plays will pop up and then you select the icon for that play.

So a successful play call would be lb then a to select your pg then a again for the first play in his 4 play playbook.
Another question, if I put a SF at the SG spot will the backup SF plays follow or will the backup SG plays follow?
Old 10-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

The SF plays will follow the player to him postion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
The SF plays will follow the player to him postion.
I concur ! LOL
Old 10-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #7
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

Thanks fellas!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »