Home

Since The WNBA Can't Sell, Why Not Add Them In Future NBA 2K Games?

This is a discussion on Since The WNBA Can't Sell, Why Not Add Them In Future NBA 2K Games? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #41
Rookie

Benniator's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Since The WNBA Can't Sell, Why Not Add Them In Future NBA 2K Games?

It's been done.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 12
Since The WNBA Can't Sell, Why Not Add Them In Future NBA 2K Games?

I don't understand why we compare women to men on basketball, then use men's basketball as the standard. They are women. Do we use women's basketball as the standard for men's basketball? No.

Finally, I don't believe the WNBA's goal is to eventually play like men. I believe they are a sport for women to play basketball.

That said, I think we need a WNBA game. It would be fun to play. I also think that young women would really play it.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #43
Rookie

jinc1019's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack'n Skrillaz
We all know the WNBA can't sell to the masses so why not make use of them and add them to future NBA 2K games in the future like how Live did with FIBA teams or how EA's NHL series has minor league hockey teams and Baseball games has minor league baseball teams.

Alot of us like to play sports games on par with the real sports season. Madden for NFL season, 2K for NBA season, ect., ect. I don't really like baseball and besides baseball in the summer the WNBA season is underway. So instead of abandoning my NBA 2K video game after NBA season is over I might just pop 2K in and play some WNBA games and after a few games of the WNBA it might just bring me back to playing 2K. LOL.

It might be a good idea and 2K might gain some more female customers. I know somewhere out there that there's gotta be some little girl who is hoping somebody makes a WNBA game but reality is it won't sell as a stand alone game. Let's grant these girls their wishes and add them to the game. I am not a WNBA fan but after watching my hometown team capture their 2nd WNBA title this past summer it struck me that why haven't their been a WNBA game out there. Then reality hit me: Beacuse it won't sell.

Only problem I see why this will never happen is because men and women from both leagues moves and shoots differently and I don't know if the current 2K engine is capable of switching up different styles of how men and women moves on the court, jump, shoot, steal, ect.
If no one is willing to buy a ticket to a WNBA game, turn their radios on to listen to it, or even watch it on television....then no one is going to want to play it in a video game.

TEAMS:
Baseball: Red Sox
Basketball: Celtics, Duke, U Richmond
Football: Duke, U Richmond (FCS)
Old 10-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #44
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Waste of space...........That is why it will never happen. The same reason EA took out div2 and div3 schools out of their college football games, not enough people used them. Putting WNBA into a 2K game would be the same thing. Nobody would use them.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Interesting concept

Maybe a double disc version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe as DLC

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »