Home

Could Someone Tell me How to..

This is a discussion on Could Someone Tell me How to.. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Could Someone Tell me How to..

this **** is truly starting to piss me off now. WTF is wrong w/ this game? In my player mode I'm a 6'2 PG and my vertical is at a 93 and my dunking is at an 81 (already have signature dunks) for my player, yet I STILL can't get an alley oop dunk. the rare occasions that they actually throw an alley to me, it's a layup. WTF...does your vertical have to be at 100 or something? also, what does your "Hands" stat (described as the ability to catch passes) have to be at in order to do alley dunks? Again, I hold LT+B and I'll occasionally get the lob to initiate the alley, but i either don't catch the ball (it seems to bounce off of my hands) or just do a layup.

Last edited by WTF; 10-14-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Don't bypass the language filter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Could Someone Tell me How to..

Speed or hands
Old 10-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
Rookie

thanks man. My speed is at a 93 right now...my hands are rated at like a 45-50 i believe... is that the only thing stopping me? I mean my vert and dunk stats have to be high enough by now
Old 10-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Try pushing RT + X after catching the ball.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #5
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

An alley is all about timing man!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
Rookie

I understand it's all about timing, and I can get my guy to actually jump and attempt to catch the alley, but the few times he DOES catch it, it's just a lay up finish. The times that it's not a layup, he just let's the ball bounce off of his hands and it's a turnover. The previous poster made a good point...do I have to actually push RT+X to actually CATCH the ball as it's lobbed to me? All i've been doing is pushing LT+B to initiate the alley oop, but I didn't know I had to push other buttons to catch the ball and finish it...
Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionhartzero
I understand it's all about timing, and I can get my guy to actually jump and attempt to catch the alley, but the few times he DOES catch it, it's just a lay up finish. The times that it's not a layup, he just let's the ball bounce off of his hands and it's a turnover. The previous poster made a good point...do I have to actually push RT+X to actually CATCH the ball as it's lobbed to me? All i've been doing is pushing LT+B to initiate the alley oop, but I didn't know I had to push other buttons to catch the ball and finish it...
I'd be really surprised if you had to press buttons (such as RT + X after the alley oop is initiated). I'd be more interested to see the effect raising the Hands rating would have. I wonder if that's the missing link.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
Rookie

I'm thinking that the hands issue has someting to do with it because there's no way i'd drop that many lob passes for an oop..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »