Home

***Official NBA 2K12 Wishlist Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official NBA 2K12 Wishlist Thread*** within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #281
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: ***Official NBA 2K12 Wishlist Thread***

I'm sure this already been brought up multiple times in this thread but 2k needs to continue to further flesh out there playbook system.

The amount of plays the gave us this year is truly staggering and went far above most peoples expectations, but I hope they don't settle there because both the assignment and execution of the plays needs a lot of work.

This has been said multiple times but 2k needs to give the users the ability to assign plays individually to every player in the NBA next year. There's quite a few issues you run into with the current system and this (hopefully) simple change would clear almost all of them up.

For example, I like to do fantasy draft seasons/associations in NBA games (If I was to use real rosters I would obsess over having to have everything perfect and in line with reality and that is, imo, too much work to put into a video game) but they are almost unplayable for me after playing the Suns w/ Blake Griffin and watching him run around screens for threes like he was Channing Frye (granted he didn't actually shoot them but still). I know I could take the time to adjusts playbooks but I know from experience how long that takes for one team, let alone all 30.

I'll probably post more on this later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #282
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I got an entire thread going on the subject of player tendencies and coaching profiles, and how they can possibly be made better:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tion-mode.html
Old 01-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #283
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

I wish that we can have COMPLETE control over our teams in association. From what our socks, team, second team, and headband colors are, to.. Well, I haven't thought about the other parts yet. But we should be able to control the colors of our accessories without an Insider update.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 01-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #284
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by winrehs_ipang
I've been reading this thread for quite some time now and I'm amazed how players think to improve the game. As for me, the following are my 2 cents:

III. Computer Generated Players
- I wish that somehow they are more close to what real people look like. I mean, when you look at them, you can determine right away that they are created players. What I suggest is that give the created players more realistic feature and customization. You can do that with the real NBA players, why not include that feature as well when creating a player?
yeah I thought about this and a possible solution I came up with was 2k allowing users to export their created player modles to a database/server, which then could be implemented into the game for future draft classes/players. players would look more realistic and their would be a greater variety of faces
Old 01-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #285
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7

Would be cool to have a "Crate A Dynasty" mode for 2k12.

Create A Team
Whereas you create a team (but with authentic-type uniforms with words across the jersey), enter that team into the league replacing a low-rated team (bucks, kings, nets, etc) while taking the original players, generate players, or a mix of both to form your team.

Create A Coach

This department of the dynasty is the key to the whole dynasty.
Starting your coach (you) out as a F rated HC for your team, you'll be able to create your playbook, specific plays to run for each position (like a go-to play for very high % to score). Build your coach up by playing games and earning experience/knowledge of players/coaches around the league. Spend time practicing with your players to earn attribute boost for players and unlock knowledge of your players to know their weakness & strengths for your next game advantage and what to work on for that player. Winning key games & rivalry games earns coach respect and media attention to better or worse team's morale. Hire coach assistance that actually do work for the team.

Create A Arena
This would be the joy of anybody's NBA 2k's dream. Banners, logos, court floor, basketball hoop padding and color, mascot, cheerleaders, stands, ticketbar, scoreboard, arena lighting, everything you can think of can be adjusted and customize to your desire.

Media Buzz
Gain/lose team chemistry upon who's getting cut, who's getting signed, who's not getting enough PT, etc. Everything hits the media upon a players mouth to the media. Read newspaper about your team via journalist editor, radio shows, weekly/monthly broadcast shows. Anything that should be sourceful about your team should go into the regional/national media and have an affect of your team's/coach performance/chemistry.

Create A Schedule
Should have the ability to randomize our schedules upon who they play against or you can customize your schedule to particular standards. You may want to play non-conference games before the all-star break, divisional around the all-star break, and conference at the end of season. choice is yours.

Off Season
Iwould take a page out of Madden's Head Coach (1st edition) far as drafting, signing, & trading goes. I liked how they went upon doing so with conference meetings and staff conversations about the players and what do to impromtu.

Overall: It would be still be a association rather than it sounding like to be a coach mode, but it'll be a more deep association where it should catch gamers into playing the season rather simming the season. It'll be like a Madden Head Coach/MyPlayer/College Hoops Legacy all wrapped in one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #286
Banned

AirTeezy's Arena

OVR: 2

1. Pre-game ritual customization. (It'd be cool to see my My Player do the chalk toss.)
2. Wingspan
3. Edit team accessories i.e socks, headband, sleeves etc.
4. Press conferences in association
5. Ability to upload your own voice or more than one voice in My Player
6. Coach customization for Create-A-Team
7. Shoe customization similar to Nike iD.
8. Keep shoes from last years game
9. Ability to sign with different shoe companies other then Jordan like Nike or Adidas.(My Player)
10. Different signature shoe for up to like 27 years (Maximum years pro in CAP) (My Player)
11.Shoe companies give us our own PE.(My Player)
Old 01-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #287
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Supersim in My Player
Old 01-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #288
Rookie

OVR: 9

getting job offers from other teams or being fired would be great for NbA 2K12

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »