Home

Unrealistic My Player Rotations?

This is a discussion on Unrealistic My Player Rotations? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15
Unrealistic My Player Rotations?

Hi fellow OS'ers!

I searched for this issue and was unable to find it being discussed, but are any of you seeing very unrealistic MP rotations? I currently play as an athletic 5'10" PG w/ the C's in my rookie season.
I'm playing in the 6th game of my career as I type, and I'm on the floor 5 minutes into the 1st quarter(I come off the bench) w/ Rondo at point, myself at SG, Robinson (all 5'9" of him) at SF, Ray Allen at PF (w/ his # changed to 30 for no apparent reason) and The Truth at C. For arguments sake, the Bucks are playing a normal lineup. They have Jennings at PG, Redd at SG, Salmons at SF, Maggette at PF (this is the one stretch) and Bogut at C. I've NEVER saw the C's go w/ this small a line up ever. Especially with a healthy Shaq, J O'Neal, KG, Baby and Perkins, this line up just should never see the light of day.

I rarely get frustrated with issues in sports games b/c I know how insanely difficult it is to design/program/engineer all that can occur...but this is driving me a little nuts at the moment.

To be clear, this is not the starting 5, which is realistic. Also, I really do enjoy this game immensely outside of this rotation/substitution issue. My hats off to Visual Concepts on a job well done ...

With that all being said, does anyone else ever come across this or am I the only lucky one?

On a side note, does anyone lose their Jordans? I've earned several in My Player, but every time I load the game back up, I have none unlocked. I couldn't find this being addressed here on OS either.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2010, 12:54 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Unrealistic My Player Rotations?

Yep, going small is perpetually a problem for me. It'd be fine if the other team went small as well, but often times I have to sit in terror as the likes of Pau Gasol backs down Rudy Gay in the post. I don't know why going small seems to be so important for My Player coaches, but it doesn't work. Not sure about your Jordan issue.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:03 AM   #3
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

The rotations need a good patching period. A lot of people playing point got drafted to OKC and basically wind up with Russell Westbrook dead and buried behind them and JAMES HARDEN. I don't know if there is one hardcoded into the game or not, but these players need to have an importance or impact rating in. By experience, I started with my point in OKC and demanded a trade because I had heard about this - and since I hadn't taken over as the starter, I played at point with Westbrook at the 2, which was obviously good, but they would play Harden at the 3 and Durant at the 4 with Krstic or Aldrich. So, they weren't killing Westbrook yet, only Jeff Green.

The easiest fix is for them to allow you to alter the rotations (don't need to touch the "who do you want us to trade for" idea) - when you achieve that team captain style status, to where they are asking you to help lead. At that point they should let you put in a rotation Association style and it would make for SO many happier gamers.

I know I'd be a lot happier. I would have loved to have stayed in OKC, and had a starting 5 of Aldrich, Green, Durant, Westbrook, and myself (6'5 athlete PG) with Harden as a nice 6th man and Maynor backing me up at the point. Sefolosha could back up KD and obviously they are good in the frontcourt with players such as Ibaka or Krstic/Aldrich coming off the bench depending on how you want to play it.

Instead I got traded to frickin Cleveland, where until I take the starting job - thus benching the only asset left in Williams as A. Jamison left in the trade for me, I came with a 1st rounder.

I play 12 minute games, I don't know if I want to frustrate myself with this amazing lack of talent, especially since Mo wouldn't play with me (I don't believe he has the PG/SG designation.)

Just let us edit the rotations if we want once we reach team captain, 2k! Purists don't have to use it if they don't want to, but its mostly going to be the purists that think they should be allowed to save the head coach from flaws no idiot would possess in real life (benching Westbrook for James Harden!)
Old 11-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

My Player is a 6'5" all around SF. I would expect to see minutes at the SF/SG and maybe rarely at PG.

Drafted by Miami (why?), I play anything from the 2 to 5. Thats right, they play an unathletic 6'5" / 210lb SF at the 5 against players such as dwight howard.

Oddly enough, I'll be on the court at the 4 while lebron is at the 2 or 3. Wouldn't it make more sense to put lebron at the 4 and my player at the 2 or 3?
Old 11-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

CPU rotations in My Player/Association/Season are all determined by overall rating so there are a ton of messed up 5 man teams on the floor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

My PG got drafted 8th overall by the clippers. My first second of playing time in an Nba game the rotation is Me at PG Baron Davis at SG Randy Foye at SF Eric Gordon at PF and Al Fariq Aminu at C. except for Al Fariq all these guys are under 6'6. First defensive possesion. Easy post up for Lamarcus Aldridge.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Never really had a problem with this. I've been on several teams in my first year My Player, currently Golden State. I'm an athletic 6'6" SF. I start at SF with Curry-Ellis-Lee-Biedrins manning the other spots. I see some time at SG and PF and played very few at PG. Never played C, never saw any weird line-ups (or maybe they are weird since it's Nellie Ball).

No problems with my Jordans either. Got all 40 and haven't lost any.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

You need to save user profile after unlocking Jordans. I lost couple because of that too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »