Home

Can anyone here shoot consistently with Paul Pierce from 3pt range?

This is a discussion on Can anyone here shoot consistently with Paul Pierce from 3pt range? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Can anyone here shoot consistently with Paul Pierce from 3pt range?

I primarily play with the C's and I have yet to notice this at all.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Whats the deal. What do I have to do to hit shots with him. I play with him in my league, which is on HOF. I'm sure i got the release down. Every time i shoot its a green release. But he just bricks wide open 3pt shots.

Its not the sliders or anything because everything is set to 50. One time i had Pierce open at the top of the key....wiiiiiiiiiide open.....i took the 3, got a green release and everything....and he airballed it....

That right there was the last straw....

He has an 86 3pt shot rating. WTF is going on???? Also his shot gets blocked so much because its a set shot.

Any advice????
what do u shoot with him per 10 3 point shots? 1-10..0-10?

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

Last edited by rockchisler; 01-12-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Yeah his mid range shot is money. I love that shot. But his 3pt shot is so inconsistent. Like i said, I was wide open and had a good release and he airballed it. He wasnt even cold or anything.

I'm gonna stop shooting three's with him
bottom line you dont understands 2k shooting mechanics. sorry Earv
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Pierce's 3 pt shot is weird because he doesn't really jump, he is pretty much still on the ground when he releases which is what throws me off most of the time. Add that to his 3 pt release being a little on thre long-ish side for a great 3 pt shooter and it can cause problems. Can never hit 3 pt shots with him online because the slightest lag will throw you off.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:42 AM   #13
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
what do u shoot with him per 10 3 point shots? 1-10..0-10?

I'd say like 3/10. I shoot around 30% with him from three.....

And its weird because alot of times if i get a red release, the shot will go in. But if im wide open with a green release, it misses...wtf.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 01-13-2011, 04:00 AM   #14
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics08
Pierce's 3 pt shot is weird because he doesn't really jump, he is pretty much still on the ground when he releases which is what throws me off most of the time. Add that to his 3 pt release being a little on thre long-ish side for a great 3 pt shooter and it can cause problems. Can never hit 3 pt shots with him online because the slightest lag will throw you off.
actually is all depends if he has a defender on him as well when he does his release is just like his midrange, it is also like that when the period is about to end and he need to release it quickly.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
actually is all depends if he has a defender on him as well when he does his release is just like his midrange, it is also like that when the period is about to end and he need to release it quickly.
------------
No BS - I used to think the same thing. You just have to take some Ls with the Celtics and use Pierce or shoot with him in practice till you get it down pack .. or get a buzz word for your timing like ... waaap - then release. I thought it was broken until I actually saw him shoot just like that in real life (on of the more accurate jump shots in the game) .. there;'s a small hold to it ... but its really very smooth .. keep your feedbaclk on also. His mid range is deadly too ... use his signature (y) gather and step back. Also .. look at his tendencies .. Pierce is best when stepping back (cool that the tendencies actually are relevant) --- and lastly -- keep and eye on his shooting meter -- if its all yellow (or red obviously) .. just chuck it up with a 3/4 sec hold .. it may sound wierd but that's one of the prettiest shots to hit in the game because its so liquid. It feels wierd at first so you may confuse a regular miss with something you are doing ...

You def gotta use em enough to be able to pull that in clutch though. But is about a 3/4 sec hold. Had to share that because I was soooo in your shoes before I said F it .. Ima learn this shot. Practice mode .. and a few hof lobby games should get you started though. Play hof lobby games and shot with Pierce as much as you can .. but you're looking to get green on that feedback meter .. you lose a bit .. but its just practice anyway.

Thank me for this tip: Pierce 13 Stretch play .. that sends hom to the 3 point line .. Ray Allen has a similar stretch play .. but in really tense situations or tuff games .. I assign Pierce's stretch play to Ray Allen .. and we already know what Ray Ray does when open. This play is good for that 4th quarter 3 .. when things tense up and people start to sag in the paint ... you'll light em up with confidence ... ro swallow the loss easier becuase it was you that missed the open shot .. but that play is money tho.
im done for now

Last edited by Stickz24; 01-13-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 10

Remember Pierce's shot is most effective from plays .. that leave him wide open .. not so much in your face threes .. (unless in cluth obviously) .. but when he pops them .. someone has usually slipped and he has a GREAT look .. Allen is more your screen and pop guy ... (Pierce would be the one who gets a three because 4 guys were chasing Allen off a screen .. Imagine Allen in the corner pocket ... Pierce at the top of the key ... (Rondo or one of your bigs kicks it to Ray Allen .. they had doubled Garnett or Shaq) .. everybody starts chasing Ray cause he came off an open screen (or he sitting there wide open ..) Ray kicks to Pierce (whos at the top of the key .. now they're all stuck (both momentum and Charlie Horse running a train on them .. Hard.) .. now everybody looking just broken down -- they watching ... just hoping he misses (ala Bulls > John Paxon/Steve Kerr type set ups) ... green light - FIRE !!!! F*** U pay me. Party Done.
Once Pierce hits a few of those .. Pump fake and draw the foul when they jump .. or step in for the jumper .. If slide of and give you space .. pop that 3 ..
Does that make sense?

Last edited by Stickz24; 01-13-2011 at 07:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »