Home

This Game Was So Over-Rated.

This is a discussion on This Game Was So Over-Rated. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
Banned

tomzenns's Arena

OVR: 25
This Game Was So Over-Rated.

Tons of problems, problems from past games were still there, patches mess up the game play, no more patches coming out to fix things...

I don't know, I still play the game and find enjoyment out of it, but I really don;t think its all that amazing. You still have to tweak the sliders like crazy to get a good game play experience and the 2k rosters, supposedly, were horrible.

It still seems like they totally fell back on Jordan selling copies. Just because he was the greatest player ever, doesn't mean that this was the greatest game ever.

And lets face it, if NBA Elite 12 was released with 2k's passing, people would explode they would be talking so much crap about EA, but since its 2k...people just need to "take better care of the pumpkin".

I just hope with all this extra time, EA can actually raise the bar a lot for basketball games. In my opinion 2k11 raised it with their pinky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: This Game Was So Over-Rated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomzenns
Tons of problems, problems from past games were still there, patches mess up the game play, no more patches coming out to fix things...

I don't know, I still play the game and find enjoyment out of it, but I really don;t think its all that amazing. You still have to tweak the sliders like crazy to get a good game play experience and the 2k rosters, supposedly, were horrible.

It still seems like they totally fell back on Jordan selling copies. Just because he was the greatest player ever, doesn't mean that this was the greatest game ever.

And lets face it, if NBA Elite 12 was released with 2k's passing, people would explode they would be talking so much crap about EA, but since its 2k...people just need to "take better care of the pumpkin".

I just hope with all this extra time, EA can actually raise the bar a lot for basketball games. In my opinion 2k11 raised it with their pinky.
LOL ya because EA makes such great sports games

Have fun with NBA Jam
Old 01-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomzenns

you have a problem with the passing? U sir just dont know how to play im sorry i had to say it...Passing is fine ur just very good at the game and i dont use any slders , never will
Old 01-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
you have a problem with the passing? U sir just dont know how to play im sorry i had to say it...Passing is fine ur just very good at the game and i dont use any slders , never will
Yeah exctly, passing is hard for the first few days, after awhile everything becomes pretty easy.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldIsYours
Yeah exctly, passing is hard for the first few days, after awhile everything becomes pretty easy.
Agree, after awhile you learn how and when to pass w/o the comp hi-jacking it every time. Never downloaded a patch for any game ever and am sticking with that philosophy, i like to keep it all natural.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
Banned

tomzenns's Arena

I beat 80% of the people I play online, and my friends, but the Kings still give the Lakers trouble at the Staples Center game after game.

The players are slow and sluggish, every time you call for a pick and roll the defender instantly double teams the ball and the pick hardly ever rolls, when the shots release its in no way smooth at all, The Mavs still try and trade away Dirk, fouls are called when two players aren't even touching, the ball still goes through peoples bodies and hands.

How is that the best game of all time? A good game yes, but with all those problems, best game ever? I don't think so.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
Banned

tomzenns's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phins86
LOL ya because EA makes such great sports games

Have fun with NBA Jam
Yea, because I was talking about any games EA has already released.
No.
I said, I hope they can make something in the future.
Next time, read before you chime in there bucko.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
Banned

tomzenns's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
I don't have a problem with passing, I have a problem with when I try and make a 20 foot pass they cut away from the ball and bobble it out of bounds. I see countless numbers of tough bounce passes, half court outlets, between defenders passes made on the regular in the real NBA, but not in 2k11.

When you have the ball at point, and you start to make a move towards a player to pass them the ball, they run away from the ball.

And yes, you do get used to the passing, however my point was that when the game was released everyone had a problem with passing, but stuck with it and came to find out how to do it. Now if that was an EA game, everyone would of wrote it off instantly, but since it was 2k...it just has to be good.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »