Home

NBA 2K12 Preview (Part One)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Preview (Part One) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #49
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K12 Preview (Part One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugnificant
hop step needs to go ASAP. play online and watch how many weak players hopstep all game to get a layup under the rim
wrong...the hopstep needs to be included in the game. it's a move that is used in the NBA on a regular basis...to not include one of the most common moves in basketball would be ridiculous.

the mistake they made in 2k11 was that the hopstep button was completely uninterruptable..meaning, if your opponent performed it, the game would automatically make your defender move out of the way and prevent you from cutting off the hopstep..

the solution is not to remove it...the solution is to just make the hopstep less powerful and actually allow defenders to prevent the hopstep animation with body contact and proper positioning.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-29-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #50
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
If they got Dr. J's wingspan... how about those big ole claws attached to his wrists? They were a big part of what made him so unique.
Precisely. That under the rim layup he pulled off that you ALWAYS see was only possibly because he could easily palm the ball. Looks like they'll have him cupping the ball which just isn't the same move, but close enough I suppose.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #51
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Precisely. That under the rim layup he pulled off that you ALWAYS see was only possibly because he could easily palm the ball. Looks like they'll have him cupping the ball which just isn't the same move, but close enough I suppose.
That's such a small issue, him not palming the ball, and I really hope people don't complain about such a small graphical thing. Altough, people have argued over smaller things (Lebron's headband).

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=59.335010,18.022418

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #52
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

They had Hi Top shoes back in the 60s?

I thought they all played in Low Tops at the time?
Old 08-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
That's such a small issue, him not palming the ball, and I really hope people don't complain about such a small graphical thing. Altough, people have argued over smaller things (Lebron's headband).
I agree it's not a huge deal, but it'd certainly be a big addition to Erving's signature style. Maybe I'd liken it to Jordan's tongue wag or palming pump fake. It definitely didn't have to be there, but it added a heck of a lot (in my opinion) to the entire essence of Jordan.

The way Dr. J handled the ball due to his hand size created some of the most distinctive plays in NBA history and in truth, 2K's interpretation of his reverse layup looks cheapened a little without the palm. And I'm trying to make it clear that I'm not complaining. Rather, I'm just saying, palmed dunks and maneuvers would certainly bolster Erving's cyber-arsenal.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #54
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I agree it's not a huge deal, but it'd certainly be a big addition to Erving's signature style. Maybe I'd liken it to Jordan's tongue wag or palming pump fake. It definitely didn't have to be there, but it added a heck of a lot (in my opinion) to the entire essence of Jordan.

The way Dr. J handled the ball due to his hand size created some of the most distinctive plays in NBA history and in truth, 2K's interpretation of his reverse layup looks cheapened a little without the palm. And I'm trying to make it clear that I'm not complaining. Rather, I'm just saying, palmed dunks and maneuvers would certainly bolster Erving's cyber-arsenal.
I get you.
Seems like it's been a problem in basketball games forver that you don't get the players to palm the ball. I guess if they could do it in a good manner they would include it.

It is a staple of Dr J though so it would be cool if they had it.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=59.335010,18.022418

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 08-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is cool and everything, but they better give Aldridge and Roy their own sig shot this year.

I will be really pissed off if a lot of old legends have their own shots and sig moves but the current nba players don't
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

That's because current players have to earn it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »