Home

NBA 2K12 Screenshot - NBA's Greatest Matchup (70-71 Bucks vs. 70-71 Lakers)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Screenshot - NBA's Greatest Matchup (70-71 Bucks vs. 70-71 Lakers) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: NBA 2K12 Screenshot - NBA's Greatest Matchup (70-71 Bucks vs. 70-71 Lakers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfriendlyghst
I was pretty sure that elgin baylor was the point guard am I wrong?
Yes, in 70-71 Baylor was a forward, although more like a SF than PF. Baylor was 6'5" 225 lbs.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bayloel01.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Yes, in 70-71 Baylor was a forward, although more like a SF than PF. Baylor was 6'5" 225 lbs.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bayloel01.html
I think at that time, there wasnt a difference between power forwards and small forwards. A lot of people said the difference was defined by Kevin Mchale. Either forward position was interchangable for the most part.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am wondering one thing about the Legends match ups. Are these match ups suppose to simulate actual specific games that actually took place? In other words, do the match ups have significance? Do they take place in the NBA finals, or a game 7 in a play off series, or even an Easter day play off clinching goal?

I think it would be cool if the commentators talked about the impostance of the specific game, and referenced actual events that took place that season with the teams involved and around the league in general.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #44
Rookie

johnrice20022002's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by crandolph
Love that they put him on this team, but he cant be the starter. For the ENTIRE 70-71 season, Baylor played in 2 games...yes, 2!!...the whole year he totaled 20 points. Im just hoping that his rating ON THIS TEAM isnt anything above an 80. I know its fun to show that 4 hall of famers started on this team, but come on. 2K said they are all about realism, then Baylor cant start for this team......im just sayin'....
Truth is they're missing Happy Hairston, who dominated the boards with Wilt and was an integral part of the legendary '72 squad. He and Wilt both grabbed more than 1,000 boards that season. Only teammates ever to do so. Large omission IMO but I'm sure portlandblazer will make a solid CAP.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by likemystylez
I am wondering one thing about the Legends match ups. Are these match ups suppose to simulate actual specific games that actually took place? In other words, do the match ups have significance? Do they take place in the NBA finals, or a game 7 in a play off series, or even an Easter day play off clinching goal?

I think it would be cool if the commentators talked about the impostance of the specific game, and referenced actual events that took place that season with the teams involved and around the league in general.
From my understanding, the "Legend" mode was going to differentiate from the Jordan Challenge in that respect. Contrary to MJ, there will not be specific games or moments being re-lived. For instance, technically the Bulls did play the Hornets various times in 1993, but their matchup in 2K12 does not reference a specific matchup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Man
if that is da case then i will change his bucks name myself in da pc version of the game. i just find it hard to accept a 1971 bucks lew alcindor player with an abdul-jabbar name on his jersey. its just not right.
Technically, they should not have any names on their jerseys (but they do in the trailer)... another unfortunate inaccuracy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »