Home

NBA 2K12 Impressions, Q&A (From Hands-On Event in Washington, DC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Impressions, Q&A (From Hands-On Event in Washington, DC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: OS NBA 2k12 Impressions and Q/A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
You said no Combine so the College All-Star game is the only time you get to display on court skills? Are playing in the College All-Star game and your GM interviews what decided you being drafted, or are there like drills and scrimmages to test your mettle?
Just the college game and the interviews. The way it was described is the game determines which range you will be drafted in (for me I was in the 12-14 range) and the interview helps determine which team selects you. I had Utah, Milwaukee and Phoenix interview me. I purposely tanked the Utah interview because I didn't want to play in Utah. I said all the right things to Phoenix and they drafted.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
In the time that you played, did you feel that live ball physics made an impact on the game?

Is the lead pass similar to last year?
I do. More loose balls. Now that I think about it basic dribbling is more enjoyable because of those physics.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 10

Big props for doing this for the community.

Offensive movement wasn't ever a big issue because you could always at least cue up your moves and knows what's coming. However, defensively, being a step-behind and trying to react can be a killer. Did you notice if defensive movement was any more responsive to your reaction time?

Also, with the quickest player you used, were you able to beat any defenders with a first-step style explosive move from the triple threat? That was practically non-existent last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #36
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice
Big props for doing this for the community.

Offensive movement wasn't ever a big issue because you could always at least cue up your moves and knows what's coming. However, defensively, being a step-behind and trying to react can be a killer. Did you notice if defensive movement was any more responsive to your reaction time?

Also, with the quickest player you used, were you able to beat any defenders with a first-step style explosive move from the triple threat? That was practically non-existent last year.
Defensive movement is much improved because of the defensive AI. I was very impressed with the AI cheating away from nonjumpshooters and doubling the post.

Did not use the triple threat but I was able to blow by a few players of a first step. For example, in the 2nd half OKC went with a lineup of Maynor, Cook, Harden, Durant and Perkins. That put Durant against Big Baby Davis. On two straight plays I isod Durant and blew right past Davis for a dunk and a two shot foul.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #37
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Were you able to tell if rebounding was improved? Where able to check out the shoe brands? Thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #38
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

How was rebounding compared to last year? Did you see players being more aggressive towards the ball during offensive rebounds? Were players boxing out on the defensive glass? Was there more awareness of the ball by potential rebounders? And did you see any new animations during the battle for rebounds (pushing for position and swim moves) and do the live ball physics help with rebounding?

Do JaVale and Andray have new cyberfaces? Who had the best (new) cyberface amongst the teams/players you saw?

Thanks for the impressions, Aaron. 2K spends time in the D.C.-area again for another year, but a brother can't get an invite?

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 09-06-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 5

Are ankle breakers still in the game ? I know you made somebody fall with westbrook lol
Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by womalee23
Were you able to tell if rebounding was improved? Where able to check out the shoe brands? Thanks
No real impressions on rebounding other than Russell is a beast and had a nasty putback dunk.

Same as last year. Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Jordan, Converse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »