Home

The Evolution of Basketball Video Games

This is a discussion on The Evolution of Basketball Video Games within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 03:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
The Evolution of Basketball Video Games

Hey guys,

With all of the exciting features going into 2K12 with a focus on realism being a high priority, I thought it would be cool to show this youtube video I dug up regarding the evolution of bball video games.

For everybody whining and complaining and begging for 2K to essentially recreate the entire NBA experience in real life and transfer it to a video game flawlessly, why don't we take a look and see what people were playing back in 79 to get their fix

With this in mind, I think 2K has done a H3LL of a job. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate what we have if we don't know where we came from...just sayin!

LIFE IS THE HELL YOU MAKE IT BABAY.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 04:17 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: The Evolution of Basketball Video Games

great vid dude. and it seems like its only yesterday...
Old 09-13-2011, 04:39 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble_Thyself
Hey guys,

With all of the exciting features going into 2K12 with a focus on realism being a high priority, I thought it would be cool to show this youtube video I dug up regarding the evolution of bball video games.

For everybody whining and complaining and begging for 2K to essentially recreate the entire NBA experience in real life and transfer it to a video game flawlessly, why don't we take a look and see what people were playing back in 79 to get their fix

With this in mind, I think 2K has done a H3LL of a job. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate what we have if we don't know where we came from...just sayin!
I feel the same way, I played every single one of those games, that brings back alot of memories lol. they should of added Hoops Basketball, Run and Shoot, Inside Drive, Lakers vs. Celtics or even Arch Rivals in the video! its actually about 10 other classics they left out but still a great Vid.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:54 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

and there shouldve been run and gun 1 and 2 too but still a great compilation nonetheless
Old 09-13-2011, 05:18 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

If the internet was as big back then as it is now, "we" would have still complained about pixelated headbands and accessories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

Nice video, i remember all of these games and have played them all, you missed som games that i think are a bit different like David Robinson supreme court on sega(-93) , or TV sports baskettball on Amiga (-90) it was one of the first games where you could create your own player and put skill points in different skills(damn i played that game alot)

Scary how long we have come since then
Old 09-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #7
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

This video is missing so real classics....ya'll remember Lakers vs Celtics, Bulls vs. Lakers etc. What about Hoopz on nes or Arch Rivals....I've possibly played almost every basketball game ever made.

p.s. Great video
Old 09-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble_Thyself
Hey guys,

We do have the right to complain...we pay 65 dollars of our hard earn money on 2k...I could see if the game was free then it would be pointless to complain

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »