Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Part Two)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Part Two) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Part Two)

yes insight bout shoes coming soon!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 12:37 AM   #66
Mid-Range Mamba

iceberg760's Arena

OVR: 7
Cool....REALLY looking forward to playing this.....Madden has already eaten into my family time/think i may have to invest in CLONING......
Old 09-20-2011, 01:01 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1
Wat time is the demo coming out for ps3
Old 09-20-2011, 04:17 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakdol
No D League anymore this year

I can't understand why they REMOVE features... I mean if it was there, why the hell do you want to take it out ? Same thing for Draft Combine...
Because by removing features, and EA has to be the worst there is in this department, it allows for something to sell in a later version. The cold, hard truth is that if they ever did make a sports game that was fundamentally sound (and developers know it wouldn't be that difficult, it's a marketing decision) then publishers would only be be able to sell to those folks who have never played the game before (or took some years off before buying again) or those who were looking for roster updates (and shiny new shoes).
Old 09-20-2011, 05:06 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-H!zZl3
That's a very good question. I wonder if the AI will look to change the way they defend (besides double teaming) as the game progresses as well.
My brother's My Player team ran a zone...once.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2
cant wait for the shoes insight...hoping for tons of retro kicks
Old 09-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Really unhappy that the feature I wanted most, legends online, is still out. Why?? Is there some sort of legal issue about it or what?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thjoker
I think its like that a bit though in real games. Early in a game, there's a lot of minutes still to go, the scores are still close and low. A crowd wouldnt go totally nuts about a 3 or an and 1 in the first ten minutes. It's a good play but there's not the same emotional level as a similar play in the last 2 - 5 minutes with the scores tight.
I feel what you're saying and I know what you mean, but from my experiences with 2K's in the past (and the 2K12 demo) this is a different problem from what you suggested. It just seems like the "response" scale is a little messed up or glitched. We can see a routine jumper hit in the first quarter by Ray Allen and we can hear an adequate, real life response from the crowd. But a moment later, Ray Allen can finish an exciting drive to the basket while getting fouled and there will then be a very small response from the crowd.

If the crowd was just generally subdued at all action early in the game that'd be one thing. But if they're responding enthusiastically for 85% of the home team's positive plays, only to go nearly silent for a random 15% of plays (which sometimes include dunks and And-1's) then I believe something is awry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »