Home

NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #10 - Controls

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #10 - Controls within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #97
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #10 - Controls

Is 2K serious?! Raising the bar again!? This game is going to be BANANAS!

Really looking forward to tomorrow.

The comments in this thread are pretty darn funny.

Bravo 2K team.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #98
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
@Pared

He did mention travels would be called if you abused it. Particularly so (I would imagine) with guys with lesser ball-handling ability. That would be awesome (And a brutal learning curve) if we get called for a travel if we did the input wrong. They probably should be called on big men who shouldn't be dribbling or doing excessive fakes in the first place.
I would love to see that if you are controlling a big and you are like 5-10 feet range and your attempting multiple pump fakes on occasion a shuffle of the feet would be a great addition.

Last edited by infam0us; 09-19-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #99
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Here we go: It might sound a bit complex but it quickly becomes second nature once you get used to the system. You can even chain several flick flicks together like Hakeem’s Dream Shake, although excessive faking will often lead to a traveling violation. One way I like to use the flick flicks is to drive in, start a hop step layup by holding LT and moving the Shot Stick left or right, then faking into an up and under layup if the defense commits on my initial hop. The shots you can invent with the flick flicks are really impressive and I’m excited to see the highlights people put together using the feature.

/needs help with quoting something already quoted
Old 09-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
from how it sounds, escape dribble pull ups are taking the place of signature gathers?
Thats what I was thinking too.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #101
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
when you say "move the shot stick left or right"...do you mean in relation to the hoop, or is it a "universal" left or right?
By default, in relation to the hoop. But there's an option to make the shot stick absolute if you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #102
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
By default, in relation to the hoop. But there's an option to make the shot stick absolute if you want.
Man. You guys are spoiling me with the amount of information and the sheer amount of interaction you have with the community.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
cool...thanks man...i've been wanting a more "zoomed out" 2k cam for a while now, and was hoping one would be added, but it just never gets added....

while on the subject of cameras...there's another camera that has the same problem (i can't remember the name, but it's similar to the 2k cam but it rotates to stay behind your player at all times)...i would love to use this camera as well, but it tends to crop off too much of the court to the point that i can only see a few feet around my player...if it could be zoomed out more to always show the entire floor, i would love this camera.

I think you are talking about the drive cam. I love that CAM but like you, I dont play it often due to the lack of view of the other players. 2k has always listened to us b4 so hopefully next year we have some better cams.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #104
MVP

OVR: 14

I am overwhelmed... Not sure I can read anymore. Glad the demo drops tomorrow to actually get a hands on; so much to experiment with and learn. My goodness, if they incorporated all of this into a new College Hoops game also....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »