Home

NBA 2K12 Legendary Teams Will Be Playable Online, Via DLC

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Legendary Teams Will Be Playable Online, Via DLC within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #41
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2k12 Legends Showcase (online)

I would never play a mode like this even it were free, but I would buy it just to support 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SdotThaDon
No not at all, but I've been an EA customer since the early 90's all the way to the present' You know like I know EA been nickel and diming us for years now, they're not the only ones but they are the best at it.
Why is it nickel and diming to release a downloadable fun add-on product for additional $?

Unlike microtransactions in a lot of other games, you don't gain any advantage over others by getting it.. and it's not something they crippled out of the regular game that they're now forcing you to pay for..

Its another product that's not as big a deal as the main game and they'll probably charge very little for it..
Old 09-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzleman
I don't see why some of you would even think that we won't be able to play a exhibition match, I'm pretty sure we can because it wouldn't even make sense for us to be able to play 2v2 and 3v3 but not a regular 5v5 which I'm pretty sure 2k knows that that is the main thing we want to do.
Appreciate the optimism and I hope your right. I'm simply not convinced from that one screenshot. I'll hold off until an official announcement before getting to excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik
You think this is just a thing that EA only do? Please. 2K got wise. They know a lot of their customers would walk on hot coals for them, so why not make 'em?
No reason to bash 2k from this one picture. We have no idea whether this mode was too big to fit on the retail disk, how much it will cost, or the specifics of the mode. I'd wait until we have all the information before saying 2k is making us walk on hot coals.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giammajo
No reason to bash 2k from this one picture. We have no idea whether this mode was too big to fit on the retail disk, how much it will cost, or the specifics of the mode. I'd wait until we have all the information before saying 2k is making us walk on hot coals.
How is saying 2K making their customers walk on hot coals, bashing them? I'm applauding them for the shrewdness. Last week we hear that Legends won't be playable online, which sparks an outcry from the 2K community so 2K respond by giving the customers what they desperately want, at a price. Pure marketing genius.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
Why is it nickel and diming to release a downloadable fun add-on product for additional $?

Unlike microtransactions in a lot of other games, you don't gain any advantage over others by getting it.. and it's not something they crippled out of the regular game that they're now forcing you to pay for..

Its another product that's not as big a deal as the main game and they'll probably charge very little for it..
In EA's case look on the marketplace or psn and you'll see what I mean. This is not to the same extreme, just a little different from what we've come to expect from 2k. I'm trying to withhold judgement until I hear the whole story. But to me dlc is not a 10mb file meant to unlock stuff on a disk I've already payed for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik
How is saying 2K making their customers walk on hot coals, bashing them? I'm applauding them for the shrewdness. Last week we hear that Legends won't be playable online, which sparks an outcry from the 2K community so 2K respond by giving the customers what they desperately want, at a price. Pure marketing genius.
... Noone said that there was a price. I for one trust 2k. They seem to operate in another way from other companies, that is building an adoring fan base and giving out free DLC to me just sounds like a 2K thing. Maybe I'm an idealist or maybe I'm just "in love" with 2K but we will see.

“I never thought I’d lead the NBA in rebounding, but I got a lot of help from my team-mates – they did a lot of missing.”-Moses Malone
Old 09-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
... Noone said that there was a price. I for one trust 2k. They seem to operate in another way from other companies, that is building an adoring fan base and giving out free DLC to me just sounds like a 2K thing. Maybe I'm an idealist or maybe I'm just "in love" with 2K but we will see.
Awww, ain't that cute...

Last edited by 2slik; 09-26-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #48
Rookie

It all makes sense to me. Simply put, this is 2K's way of still being able to stick it to EA even when they are not making a sim game.

"Oh, EA is only going to make a DLC NBA Jam game? We'll do a DLC too with somewhat similar features as an add on so we get the sim and the arcade money!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »