Home

Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #1729
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIcee
Is anyone having this problem?

My team (CHA) always get the 2nd pick in the first round, while the 76ers get the 1st. It seems like it goes in order by the team name.

Even though we were 1st in the entire league last year(69-13). We didn't trade anyone last year too. Shouldn't that set us for the 30th pick? I find this confusing.
I experienced that.
I was on 76ers. we had one of the worst records, but should have been in 3-6, not #1. I could have stayed there and be on a loaded team in a few years. But, I didnt want to do it that way. Plus they already had a good PG and drafted a PG with the #1 OVR pick, it was too crowded there.
Clippers will be #7 every year, but guys outside top 5 dont really provide much. That is my problem. You dont see rookies outside top-10 really do much in the 1st couple of years.I want to see booms and busts
Old 01-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #1730
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWardAz
Also, unless your steal rating is 90+, don't even bother, it hurts worse when you get a bad one then when you actually steal.
I have it at 90 and I dont even like attempting it on a ball handler. I just try to steal passes or big man. Even if it is against a guy with C+ or lower, I cant steal from him. I just steals passes.
Easy way to get steals is to try to steal Post Passes. The Wing/Guard usually throws the pass high. So when you see a big posting up, play off the guard/wing and back up and try to swipe it in the air. But, make sure you recover if it is a 3pt shooter
I have problems at times because I try to cherrypick(not gonna lie). If I deflect the ball or see a rebound, IM OUT at times. Instead of trying to get the ball, I try to get a easy bucket, since I have a high Shoot in Traffic

Last edited by illwill10; 01-06-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #1731
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sixers still on a roll after my coming back from injury, 7 and 1 since with the loss coming to Miami 63-56.

Just played an awsome game against the Knicks in Philly, 73-69 and it was a fight all the way through.

27 pts, 10 boards, 2 assists, and 7 blocks in 26 minutes. 10-13 from the field and 7-8 from the line...One of my best defensive games of the year.

If the Playoffs started today:
East
1. Miami 52-13 (already locked up a playoff berth)
2. Celtics 44-25 10gb
3. Sixers 40-28 13.5 gb
4. Chicago 37-29 15.5 gb
5. Orlando 40-28 13.5 gb
6. Atlanta 36-31 17 gb
7. Detroit 36-33 18 gb
8. Knicks 34-34 19.5 gb

West
1. Dallas 45-23
2. Spurs 43-24 1.5 gb
3. Clippers 39-29 6 gb
4. Jazz 37-30 7.5 gb
5. Lakers 39-29 6 gb
6. Rockets 38-29 6.5gb
7. Portland 36-31 8.5 gb
8.Nuggets 3-32 9.5 gb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #1732
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I have it at 90 and I dont even like attempting it on a ball handler. I just try to steal passes or big man. Even if it is against a guy with C+ or lower, I cant steal from him. I just steals passes.
Easy way to get steals is to try to steal Post Passes. The Wing/Guard usually throws the pass high. So when you see a big posting up, play off the guard/wing and back up and try to swipe it in the air. But, make sure you recover if it is a 3pt shooter
I have problems at times because I try to cherrypick(not gonna lie). If I deflect the ball or see a rebound, IM OUT at times. Instead of trying to get the ball, I try to get a easy bucket, since I have a high Shoot in Traffic
Yea no doubt. Trying to steal from a PG or SG is about pointless, if you can get position on the big men when they dribble, those are great opportunities too. I cherry pick when my big slow azz can get down the court in time. Lane steals are awsome but here lately all I've been able to do is deflect it right into one of their players right under the basket -_-
Old 01-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #1733
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWardAz
Yea no doubt. Trying to steal from a PG or SG is about pointless, if you can get position on the big men when they dribble, those are great opportunities too. I cherry pick when my big slow azz can get down the court in time. Lane steals are awsome but here lately all I've been able to do is deflect it right into one of their players right under the basket -_-
I dont try to steal from them. I usually get a Reach call or giving up a big play.
Another problem I have it contesting jumpers. I usually fall for the pump or the spin layup. I can perfectly time a jumper and try to contest it and get called for a foul.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #1734
Rookie

Anyone else have problems with freezing in my player once you hit the playoffs? Really starting to bum me out. Played the same game 4 times and it freezes everytime I click on quit after it's over. And I've tried turning off autosave.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #1735
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawksFan09
Anyone else have problems with freezing in my player once you hit the playoffs? Really starting to bum me out. Played the same game 4 times and it freezes every time I click on quit after it's over. And I've tried turning off auto save.
It's been mentioned but it bares repeating.

Always keep a few saves of your my player game in case your player file becomes corrupted and/or the season or playoffs freeze. Do not use auto save and make sure to manually save your my player every few games in different slots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #1736
Rookie

Thanks, wish I saw that earlier! So are you basically saying my only option is to start all over at this point?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »