Home

NBA 2K12 3D Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 3D Impressions Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NBA 2K12 3D Impressions Thread

Got this on PS3 last night, and I have a 59" Samsung 2011 3D Plasma screen.

Not sure how the Xbox 360 version fares, but the 3D here is not great. The frame rate is chopped in half running at 30 fps or less, the game has hitches, and there is a graininess to things too. On the positive side, the layering of the menus and pop-overs pops out very good.

If you were hoping for a better implementation of 3D over last year, seems like you'll be disappointed.

Anyone with the 360 version want to chime in? If it's well done there, I may scoop that version on Tuesday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K12 3D Impressions Thread

3D is a gimmick that needs to die already
Old 10-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbehatin45
3D is a gimmick that needs to die already
This.

10char
Old 10-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

It can be pretty awesome with the right content. With 3d phones, 3d movies, 3d games, not to mention 3d consoles, it's getting being a gimmick.

I liked 2k11 in 3d on the pc. It helps me with the depth perception for rebounding. The menus looked awesome, and replays looked really good. Only drawback was the framerate drop and the input lag screws up shot timing and overall control.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Gotta disagree, when it's done well, it is a nice addition. Look at Motorstorm Apocalypse in 3D and your opinion will change.

The biggest issue seems to be these consoles are too underpowered to really do 3D without major compromises. Devs need to do it right or don't do it at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was going to actually ask this question in the Q&A thread today, but instead figured I'd find out on my own Tuesday. Definitely disappointed. I played it last year (3D) and it was awesome...until all ten players were on the screen simultaneously. It played extremely choppy and laggy. Oh well, better for my eyes/brain in the long run I guess.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

3d will/has ruined the movie industry and the same will happen to gaming. 3d is just a very annoying, expensive fad nothing else.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
3d will/has ruined the movie industry and the same will happen to gaming. 3d is just a very annoying, expensive fad nothing else.
Guys, lets try and focus on the thread topic vs. making a bunch of hyperbolic comments like this.

Like it or not, 3D is staying around for a while. 3D isn't going to ruin anything, it is an optional feature that you can use at your leisure. When a game have $10 premium because it's 3D, then you may have a point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »