Home

Does strength and weight do anything?

This is a discussion on Does strength and weight do anything? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Does strength and weight do anything?

Besides strength backing your guy down in the post....does it help with screens or boxing out or anything else??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
Rookie

sreckless's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Does strength and weight do anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Besides strength backing your guy down in the post....does it help with screens or boxing out or anything else??
Strength is one of the most important attributes in the game.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2045423161
Old 10-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreckless
Strength is one of the most important attributes in the game.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2045423161
Can you explain lol?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
Rookie

sreckless's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Can you explain lol?
That's what the link is for, lol. I guess it looked like a sig or something.

Here you go:

Quote:
The strength rating, IMO, is one of the more important ratings in the game and it seems to rarely gets mentioned here, whereas people will debate for days whether Player X deserves some sig skill or a 5-point boost to his shooting.

I believe strength affects all the contact interactions between the offense and the defense. For plays in the paint, strength, I think, impacts when defenders can force contested shot animations, and when offensive players can either avoid the shot contest or still make the shot through the contest. Players with really high strength ratings basically ignore the defense when they go up for interior shots, which is super valuable.

It also has a huge impact on perimeter defense. A perimeter player with low to medium strength can play perfect position defense, but if the offensive player has sufficient strength, he will never get the pick-up dribble animation, he'll just keep dribbling until he pushes the defender right into the baseline -- this is why some players like Andre Iguodala are so extra-effective IMO.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:10 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Let me start by saying that I am a 94 strength 292 lbs GC center with all HOF badges and max rebounding stats. I thought I understood strength and weight really well but just when I made a new player, I just got confused again.

Watch the clip below. C.J. Miles 6'6", 225 lbs, 37 strength just pushed me away with 1 hand. I am a 6'10", 262 lbs, 70 strength. Both players do not have any rebounding/defensive badges. His O/D rebounding and boxout are 31/49/40 while mine are 70+, yet he owned me like a boss.

I am confused now. Is this just an isolate incidence? Or is this a glitch needs to be fixed? Or this is what CPU is allowed to do in HOF difficulty? Or is there any special controls that I didn't know?

In park or proam, I felt it was better although I haven't played online with my newly created player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2016, 06:21 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Does strength affect contact dunks? I was playing 2k15 & using the Sonics. I had a chance to go up with Kemp & smash it but the contact made him do a layup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »