Home

NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjj1010
getting assists in this game are damn near impossible. 2k is suffering from the madden ULTIMATE LINEBACKER SYNDROME, where on ball defenders while guarding the ball can intercept my lead passes
Yeah, I have a horrible time with assists to turnover ratio. Even when it seems like the lane is open someone hits the ball and it gets stolen.

So far, I made a PG that is on the Suns and nearly all of the starters were traded. The team is better now, I guess, but the whole reason they drafted me was to have Nash pass the torch to me, and now he isn't even here anymore.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #18
Rookie

I'm reading through a bunch of comments here and heres the problem with my player in 2k12 coming from someone who played myplayer a ton in 2k11 and went online and consistently got double double in points and assists with my point guard. My player mode 2k12. 8 Min quarters, All-Star difficulty (You just have to get used to it but it is a bit harder than pro but much funner and realistic) Drafted by the Jazz. Played first few games not much playing time, but it was awesome because the AI was actually not mentally retarted like they were in 2k11. Al Jefferson would rape in the post. After a couple more games, about 7 games in now, playing time increasing, the trades begin to happen. Al Jefferson traded away from Darren Collison, are you joking me? I'm a point guard and we have devin harris yet we need to get rid of our size and big man star down low? Then Paul Milsap gets traded away from OJ mayo, which i actually like this cause I'm making OJ one of the leading scorers in the NBA. More trades and the Jazz starting line up becomes this, Oh and I'm starting now after 9 games, don't know how the forum creator played 3 seasons and not starting, must be playing only key games or something. Anyway starting lineup: Me (PG), OJ Mayo (SG), Paul George (SF), Andrea Kirelnko (PF), Derrick Favors (C). Anyone see a problem with this lineup?? Anyone? Yeah no size at all, we get out rebounded like crazy, especially we give up alot of offensive rebounds. What I've learned about the AI in 2k12 if this. They are smart and good on these conditions. YOU HAVE to play realistically. Change things up. I think its easiest if your the point guard running the show. Use the new quick controls that tells your players to cut to basket or get open or post up. Share the ball. Don't be greedy. And do not think you can just dribble right in chris pauls face with the ball up against him and he's not gonna steal it. Get ball movement going, use the sweet new hot step layup improvements but kick it out for the wide open 3 if you get doubled. Most important of all don't give up on your players if they screw up one time, keep feeding them the ball. I'm now in my 17th game with 38 mins a game and i have to say 2k12 is the shiz...other than the ******* trades they really need to patch it so your team doesn't trade away your whole team, I purposely picked the Jazz because of Al Jefferson so i could get bunch of assists by driving then tossing it off to him for the easy dunk.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #19
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I've not run into the trade problem yet, I've only played the Rookie Showcase in My Player mode so far and it was Awesome! Got drafted by the Sixers I did. But I've not played a single game for them yet so I've not run into the trade problem. The Association mode is also what I play most of and it's still great I love the presentation this year and finally a full half time show all great. But the headlines are the worst part I've seen so far. They are littered with trade rumors and contract signings. While these are okay from time to time I really want to see headlines about games from the previous night like in 2K11. I've not seen a whole lot of trades happen so far in association but have been offered a couple. Both trades were rip-offs so I declined both. That's been my experience so far. overall pretty good
Didn't even see the guy had talked about Greatest Mode so now I'll post my impressions on that. I love Greatest Mode. The presentation is fantastic and the commentary is top notch. Players also play like their real life counterparts. That's all great. However, I have had a slight issue. I beat the Jordan game the first night I had it and it said Completed. The second night while trying to beat the Johnson game (took me like 5 tries) It still said completed. But, last night after I finally beat the Johnson game neither the Jordan game or the Johnson game said completed (and I had just beat the Johnson game like 10 seconds before that). So I turned the game off and back on and then the Jordan game said Completed but the Johnson game didn't I had to actually beat the Johnson game again. Finally this time both said completed and it saved. I went and saved rosters manually just to make sure. So hopefully, when I play later today both will say completed and I can continue on the the Larry Bird game.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #20
Rookie

The only thing I want to touch on is your review of my player. If your still riding the bench after 3 years and only getting 15 mins per game thats not the games fault. It's YOUR fault. The NBA has an 82 game season. Odds are you didn't play all 82 and you chose to play just the key games. There are about 15 key games per year from things i've read around the net. Obviously your not going to progress if your playing 15 out of 82 games per year. Do the the math. I'm 11 games deep with the rockets and i'm already the 6th man. You have to put the work in if you want to be good.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 25
I read that a fix for the player trades is to put a no trade clause on the contracts of the players you dont want traded i.e.(Wade, LBJ, CB1,Melo,Stat,Drik...etc)see how that works, I dont know because I dont have the game yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #22
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajuice23
The only thing I want to touch on is your review of my player. If your still riding the bench after 3 years and only getting 15 mins per game thats not the games fault. It's YOUR fault. The NBA has an 82 game season. Odds are you didn't play all 82 and you chose to play just the key games. There are about 15 key games per year from things i've read around the net. Obviously your not going to progress if your playing 15 out of 82 games per year. Do the the math. I'm 11 games deep with the rockets and i'm already the 6th man. You have to put the work in if you want to be good.
I became a started by game 17. I've played every game so far and after 21 games my player is rated 70. You definitely need to grind it out and play each game and complete all drills in order to develop your player. Only playing Key games will not get you anywhere.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #23
Rookie

So, All the hype, And it's not a good game?!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #24
Banned

Re: NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions!

Just saw a lineup in My Player consisting of 5 power forwards and 1 point guard. All those reviewers who gave it a 9 or whatever didn't even play the game. This game is junk and 2K ought to be ashamed of themselves.

To think I wasted 60 bucks on this garbage when it could've gone to Uncharted 3. 2K should take notes from a class developer like Naughty Dog on how not to scam your customers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »