Home

NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
I dont think there is a problem with the my player logic.
In all the previews, 2k stated that the ultimate goal was to become a hall of famer.
how does one become a hall of famer, you must become the #1 or #2 man on a team. so the AI logic has to compenstae for this, otherwise youll spend countless of hours not gaining any experience.
2ks goal was to speed up the MY Player process, and thats what they did.

Maybe 2k has to find a middle ground between last year and this year, for the My Player mode.

I enjoy every aspect of the game. I personally think the game is doing what the developers intended it to do, and they let us all know this.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
I dont think there is a problem with the my player logic.
In all the previews, 2k stated that the ultimate goal was to become a hall of famer.
how does one become a hall of famer, you must become the #1 or #2 man on a team. so the AI logic has to compenstae for this, otherwise youll spend countless of hours not gaining any experience.
2ks goal was to speed up the MY Player process, and thats what they did.

Maybe 2k has to find a middle ground between last year and this year, for the My Player mode.

I enjoy every aspect of the game. I personally think the game is doing what the developers intended it to do, and they let us all know this.
if you play well your minutes will increase so will your production. if you suck then you don't deserve to be a HOFer. they don't need to trade the core of the team for you to gain sp.

It's a bug, like last year when the coaches will be fired and replaced even when winning.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
I was on the rockets n man they sucked so I requested a trade to the bulls like I always do but 2 weeks we trade taj and Noah for ja Crawford n al horford then ther traded cj n korver for wes Matthews I'm also a sg so y make those trades plus we still have brewer and bogas and I think we traded deng I havent played in a couple days but I'm bout to make another one ASAP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike43978
I'm reading through a bunch of comments here and heres the problem with my player in 2k12 coming from someone who played myplayer a ton in 2k11 and went online and consistently got double double in points and assists with my point guard. My player mode 2k12. 8 Min quarters, All-Star difficulty (You just have to get used to it but it is a bit harder than pro but much funner and realistic) Drafted by the Jazz. Played first few games not much playing time, but it was awesome because the AI was actually not mentally retarted like they were in 2k11. Al Jefferson would rape in the post. After a couple more games, about 7 games in now, playing time increasing, the trades begin to happen. Al Jefferson traded away from Darren Collison, are you joking me? I'm a point guard and we have devin harris yet we need to get rid of our size and big man star down low? Then Paul Milsap gets traded away from OJ mayo, which i actually like this cause I'm making OJ one of the leading scorers in the NBA. More trades and the Jazz starting line up becomes this, Oh and I'm starting now after 9 games, don't know how the forum creator played 3 seasons and not starting, must be playing only key games or something. Anyway starting lineup: Me (PG), OJ Mayo (SG), Paul George (SF), Andrea Kirelnko (PF), Derrick Favors (C). Anyone see a problem with this lineup?? Anyone? Yeah no size at all, we get out rebounded like crazy, especially we give up alot of offensive rebounds. What I've learned about the AI in 2k12 if this. They are smart and good on these conditions. YOU HAVE to play realistically. Change things up. I think its easiest if your the point guard running the show. Use the new quick controls that tells your players to cut to basket or get open or post up. Share the ball. Don't be greedy. And do not think you can just dribble right in chris pauls face with the ball up against him and he's not gonna steal it. Get ball movement going, use the sweet new hot step layup improvements but kick it out for the wide open 3 if you get doubled. Most important of all don't give up on your players if they screw up one time, keep feeding them the ball. I'm now in my 17th game with 38 mins a game and i have to say 2k12 is the shiz...other than the ******* trades they really need to patch it so your team doesn't trade away your whole team, I purposely picked the Jazz because of Al Jefferson so i could get bunch of assists by driving then tossing it off to him for the easy dunk.
kinda the same way i feel about my player. i think people are downing on a mode which to me is way better than last year's by comparison. first off your ai teamates are actually a factor this year and can consistently score points for you so tht you dont have to get 30, 10 and 10 and still lose by 10 or 20. 2k has gone leaps and bounds over what they started with in 2k11 my player in many ways. and if you want to be successful in this mode, just like mike43978 said: you HAVE to play realistically or you will feel like playing something else. overall, this mode is amazing this year, and people need to stop being so quick to judge and really give my player a chance this year.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #37
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8
Hmm..weird reading about trade logic in 2K12 because I'm in the middle of Dec with the Suns (ATH PF drafted #13) and only 3 trades have been made in the entire league. I'm not saying the game doesn't make horrible trades but so far I haven't experienced them. I thought I was playing All Star but noticed soon I was still on Pro but that's fine because I'm not that experienced in this game.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:49 PM   #38
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
A lot of you are saying that I would get minutes an a starting spot if I played every game. I get that, but the whole point about the Key Game feature was to have an identical experience playing in 15 games rather than an 82-game season. It's another broken faucet in the game mode.

And when you're saying that if you play well, you'll get more minutes. I average 2.1/1.4/0.6 per minute. Field goal percentage is at 43...which is solid for a rookie point.

I did get rookie of the year, which didn't seem very realistic with only 10 minutes a game. Anyone else get this?

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 10-09-2011, 06:59 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike04
kinda the same way i feel about my player. i think people are downing on a mode which to me is way better than last year's by comparison. first off your ai teamates are actually a factor this year and can consistently score points for you so tht you dont have to get 30, 10 and 10 and still lose by 10 or 20. 2k has gone leaps and bounds over what they started with in 2k11 my player in many ways. and if you want to be successful in this mode, just like mike43978 said: you HAVE to play realistically or you will feel like playing something else. overall, this mode is amazing this year, and people need to stop being so quick to judge and really give my player a chance this year.
Obviously, u guys have more patience than I do. Cus stupid bs keeps happening. My teammates suck, on offense and defense. Constantly miss wide open shots, and they cant guard on D if I would save their loves- wide open 3s CONSTATNTLY. My Player has ball security on 88 n I still lose the ball about 5 times a game. running my routes is near impposible-i keep gettin stuck on whoever is guarding me, causing the play to break up. Stupid ai teammates get beat in the post every time, and I cant call for a double, nor can I double myself because of course that would mean a wide open 3. Passing is impossible. The default game speed is entirely too slow, and cant b changed. Would b nice if I could do custom sliders for this mode because it is just unplayable as is. Im done playing it, I will wait for the update. If the update doesnt Imporove anything then I will sell this game or trade it in. Wish they would make My Player mode as it was on 2k10
Old 10-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #40
Rookie

MrCelafane's Arena

OVR: 1
That's not entirely true because I'm only playing key games and I'm near the all star break rated at 69 and I've been the starter on the Jazz since Dec. I play all the drills before moving on to the next key game because you get like 6 or 7 in between and you still seem to get SP on simulated games. I hate the fact that even though there was a draft there are only 2 rookies, me and Rubio.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »