Home

Love this Game......if when i passed it went to the right guy

This is a discussion on Love this Game......if when i passed it went to the right guy within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #25
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Love this Game......if when i passed it went to the right guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
My problem with passing, is actually the CPU's passes. It seems that the CPU can pass to whoever it wants no matter what, and the pass will be completed 10/10 times. If I try far less "dangerous" passes - they get picked 9/10 times. How come the CPU is allowed to do what I'm not allowed?

Yeah, ok, I'm not perfect at D, but I can't really control all 5 players at the same time. If I could, the CPU would have had 25 TOs per game.

thoughts?
I think ZoneBlitz had it right that it's there to help the cpu stay competetive against the user. This along with high contested shooting %s, etc. by the cpu is what gives them a shot against skilled users. Same thing happens in Madden or NCAA with psychic db's or robo qb's in crucial parts of the game. I think this is a mandatory evil in sports games unfortunately as while A.I. has certainly advanced in sports games, it is not to the point where devs can not help but put these kind of things in titles to keep them tough for us.

I think part of the reason 2k made directional passing so unpredictable is because they want to force users into playing at a more controlled and methodical pace imo. I've noticed that running the more detailed plays results in considerably less to's with passing than simply playing off the cuff. While I understand why they are going that route, it's a little unfair in how this change can turn an easy 2 points into a frustrating to or pass to the wrong guy without icon passing. We should not be required to use icon passing at all times to get the ball in the right hands imo.

IMO sport games are always at their best when played against another user of similar skill and that will always be the case.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #26
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Pay attention to the circle
under the intended targets feet. As long as the player has a circle under him he will receive the ball. U will see some nice passes but u still have to b smart
Old 10-11-2011, 12:04 AM   #27
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
I have no problem with the passing, but I do have a problem with how the defense reacts to icon passing. My solution has been to be more cautious and not throw that certain pass.
AMEN to that, on default sliders the defense, particularly the opposing AI, responds the moment u press the pass buttun and completely neglects whatever they were previously doing and regardless of if they were looking in your general direction.
That and they often react quicker to your icon passing then your own teammates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »