Home

NBA All Star Game 2K12

This is a discussion on NBA All Star Game 2K12 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
MVP

Twista209's Arena

OVR: 8
NBA All Star Game 2K12

Well just like in NBA2K11 you have the most votes for the All Star game. Then the All Star Starting lineup is announced and shows you as a starter. Then you go into the All Star Game and behold you are the 6th man. So damn frustrating that 2K cannot fix the simple glitches from last years game in 2K12.

On top of that the All Star game is last years uniforms and LA court. Grrrr

It also seems that once again you are never considered a STAR on your player card. For some reason 2K advertised My Player as "becoming a Star." Obviously not true again this year. I feel that if our player card would go up to Star from Starter then it would at the same time allow us to be a starter in the All Star game as well. Who knows.

Last edited by Twista209; 10-20-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
MVP

Re: NBA All Star Game 2K12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twista308
Well just like in NBA2K11 you have the most votes for the All Star game. Then the All Star Starting lineup is announced and shows you as a starter. Then you go into the All Star Game and behold you are the 6th man. So damn frustrating that 2K cannot fix the simple glitches from last years game in 2K12.

On top of that the All Star game is last years uniforms and LA court. Grrrr

It also seems that once again you are never considered a STAR on your player card. For some reason 2K advertised My Player as "becoming a Star." Obviously not true again this year. I feel that if our player card would go up to Star from Starter then it would at the same time allow us to be a starter in the All Star game as well. Who knows.
I'll agree with you on the first point about not being a starter.

As for last year's uniforms and court that's the best they can do. The ASG uniforms are supposed to only be revealed during the ASG and I'm pretty sure not putting it in the upcoming venue probably has some sort of dumb legal hitch to it as well.

... as for not being a star on your player card?... really man?... really? This game is flawed in a lot of ways, but that's such a small minute oversight. Why even care?
Old 10-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
MVP

Twista209's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
I'll agree with you on the first point about not being a starter.

As for last year's uniforms and court that's the best they can do. The ASG uniforms are supposed to only be revealed during the ASG and I'm pretty sure not putting it in the upcoming venue probably has some sort of dumb legal hitch to it as well.

... as for not being a star on your player card?... really man?... really? This game is flawed in a lot of ways, but that's such a small minute oversight. Why even care?
I understand the lockout legal issues etc. As for the Player Card showing Star; I feel if this was fixed accordingly then it would fix not being able to start in the All Star Game as well. Hopefully 2K will read these forums and fix what everyone is not liking, especially the insane 3 point %.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twista308
I understand the lockout legal issues etc. As for the Player Card showing Star; I feel if this was fixed accordingly then it would fix not being able to start in the All Star Game as well.
Well when you put it like that maybe. I have my doubts that these two things are related but it's possible. I'm thinking that it could also have something to do with not being rated higher than who's starting in front of you. It should go by votes, but I seem to remember being able to start in years past once I got rated higher than who was ahead of me.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
MVP

Twista209's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
Well when you put it like that maybe. I have my doubts that these two things are related but it's possible. I'm thinking that it could also have something to do with not being rated higher than who's starting in front of you. It should go by votes, but I seem to remember being able to start in years past once I got rated higher than who was ahead of me.
My player is a 99 overall and has been a starter since game 12 of the season. I just found something interesting on my player card. Ok if you go to the "My Team" section on my player and you have the options of schedule, roster, rotation and situationals. If you go into roster and click the RS button and look at your player card through there is shows I am a Starter. But if I look at my player card under situationals and rotations it shows I am a Star. Rather confusing since it shows two different status'. Also if I look at my player card under the nba league leaders etc is just shows Starter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #6
MVP

Twista209's Arena

I hope they fix most of the issues in an upcoming patch but I doubt it will happen.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

I've been complaining about the ASG presentation for years now. They just implemented the correct voting system last year. This year, they seem to have fixed the coaching sliders for this year (last year, Greg Poppovich coached the ASG with his slow tempo) where they now have a more correct tempo for an ASG. However, the playbook should be a standard playbook considering it's an ASG rather than the plays of the team that particular coach...but that's just me. My MAIN issue with the ASG is the crowd! In an ASG, the crowd should be completely neutral. You shouldn't hear boos just because the "road" team hit a basket or won the game on a buzzer beater. They said audio can now be patched, so hopefully they can fix this.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Download a hex edited roster, they have the 2012 All-Star uniforms.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »