Home

Something that is severely lacking in myplayer mode...

This is a discussion on Something that is severely lacking in myplayer mode... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2
Something that is severely lacking in myplayer mode...

I'm sure someone else has posted about this, but does anyone else think that the off-season of myplayer mode is severely lacking in, well, everything?

I wish 2K would expand on this portion of myplayer and give the player the option of playing in a summer league, doing scrimmages and performing drills that can slightly improve on the players skills.

It's be really awesome if you could assign your player a mentor (perhaps utilizing the legends already in the game) that you could scrimmage against, perform drills with, and do shootarounds with during the off-season to fine to your players game. Going deeper into this, your player could pick up on signature moves of this legend (if selected by the user) and it could affect your local/league/team popularity depending on how much emphasis you put in personal/legend training, team scrimmages, summer leagues, etc... In the future, 2K could even adapt the legends showcase NYC court as a pick-up/summer league court during the summer (or even implement a sort of Legends Showcase to the summer where your player becomes cell-shaded and earns skill points for participating).

If 2K owned the rights to FIBA, it'd be cool to do the FIBA World Championships/Olympic games during the off-season, too. (But that will never happen).
Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Something that is severely lacking in myplayer mode...

What's sad is i'm pretty sure we suggested this while 2k12 was in the works.
My player is one of the best game modes in the NBA 2K series, why not improve on it to make it even better, 2k?
And also, why in the lord's name would you take out the "sim until end of game function?"
One thing I suggest is letting us to sim up to any game we want on the schedule, like in association mode. I even suggested this WELL before 2k12 came out. Listen to your fans, 2k!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »