Home

My Player is rigged, yea it's coded in the game PROOF INSIDE

This is a discussion on My Player is rigged, yea it's coded in the game PROOF INSIDE within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
My Player is rigged, yea it's coded in the game PROOF INSIDE

I dont think anyone has done the amount of testing I have in the last 2 days with regards to this issue in My Player mode, if you have feel free to chime in..... I will keep this fairly brief....
Well lets get into my findings... so I just started my first playoffs and I'm rolling with the #1 seed Miami Heat with best record in the NBA. We are playing last seed 8th NYK.. First game went as it would in real life, beat them by over 20 points... I play simulation style so my player stat line was 22/4/7

ok so now I play game 2 and get blown out by almost 30, my team refused to play defense for some reason, CPU shot 58% from 3 and 64% from the field... Knicks kept running this play for Stoudemire where they would isolate him on the top right/left side of the 3 point line as if he's Allen Iverson, he would tirelessly cross over Kevin Durant get to the hoop and score... they ran this play like a dozen times a game, when has Amare ever had a isolation like this in his life let alone the NBA..

so I'm fuming and decide to do a 10 game test where I would replay game 2 ten times in every type of manner I could think off, assisting all the time, scoring all the time, balancing everything, arcade style, simulation style, basically 10 games of playing every which style that is possible to play in the game...
so I turn my auto save off and replay game 2 for the next 10 times, and guess what, MY TEAM LITERALLY PLAYS THE SAME EXACT MANNER, cant defend anybody, and my teammates cant make a hoop (Wade, Durant & Bosh, yea LeBron got traded to OKC) and meanwhile cpu continues to shoot lights out every single game, it's basically a mirror image for all 10 games....

so after 10 games playing out EXACTLY the same way time after time, I have no other conclusion for you than what the title of this thread says...
a lot of other users have experienced similar things happening from all the similar comments I been seeing here, but I still feel like this isn't getting enough reaction from us.

I'm outta words for now, have to run out the house get some fresh air, comment away guys, thx for reading, and let's get some experts in here

Last edited by G35skyline; 11-08-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: My Player is rigged, yea it's coded in the game PROOF INSIDE

Based on my games played (12 min quarters Pro/sim and Pro/default, and All-star/sim) With 100+ games played: The "Clutch Factor" tends to kick in to provide a greater challenge when the CPU is down in a series.

This is no different then it was in 2k11, however it seems to be used more often in 2k12 then it was before.

With my replays, certain tendencies were carried over from game to game (player X becoming MJ-like) however, the games were responsive to what I did, so it adjusted if I went to an all outside game or if I started driving exclusively.

As far as "rigged" - my experience indicates "stacked" would be better to use, because a loss is not always the case.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Let me get this straight:

You're saying 2K "rigged'' My Player so that the consumer will always play poorly in the second game of a playoff series, get frustrated with the mode, stop playing it altogether, sour on the game, let it collect dust on the shelf and hesitate to purchase the next installment of the series?

Makes perfect business sense to me.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 11-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

I've experienced something very similar actually. My Wizards team was up 2-0 on the Heat in the ECF, and game 3 was a total disaster...losing by 24 and in a very cheap way (shooting 68% from 3). So I reloaded the game a total of 5 times, but ended up simply taking the loss, as we would lose the game regardless of what I attempted to do. I noticed that my player all of a sudden couldn't hit wide open shots in that game, nor could anyone else on my team, while the Heat shot the lights out every single time and simply got the offensive board + putback more than half the possessions in which they actually missed a shot. Why 2k codes things like this pure garbage in their games I will never understand...
Old 11-09-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Lol, u just gotta love it.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 12:46 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Let me get this straight:

You're saying 2K "rigged'' My Player so that the consumer will always play poorly in the second game of a playoff series, get frustrated with the mode, stop playing it altogether, sour on the game, let it collect dust on the shelf and hesitate to purchase the next installment of the series?

Makes perfect business sense to me.

gotdang im sick n tired of forum jackasses with whack material... do any of the other major issues with the game that make it unplayable at times make "perfect business sense" either, moron
i said let's get some experts in here speak up on this, not forum trolls lookin to let off some steam by talkin to people online how they would never have the balls to talk too in real life

whenever you feel the urge to quit trying to put others down, take a look around the forum you'll see threads littered with similar types of issues, the so called balancing effect or whatever you wanna call it.
basically where the "game" tries to balance things out to try and achieve some sense of realism, when in fact it's killing it.

what my experiment may have exposed is that this goes a lot deeper than the game just toning your shooting percentages down in the second half to let the other team catch up...

if the rest of you guys wanna look into it, i really suggest doing at least a few games like this after you pull off a blowout in my player playoffs, run the next 5 games in different manners and see how it works out for you

Last edited by G35skyline; 11-09-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:59 AM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35skyline
what my experiment may have exposed is that this goes a lot deeper than the game just toning your shooting percentages down in the second half to let the other team catch up...

if the rest of you guys wanna look into it, i really suggest doing at least a few games like this after you pull off a blowout in my player playoffs, run the next 5 games in different manners and see how it works out for you
BIOLOGY4KIDS.COM - THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD

Just in case this didn't stick in grade school... it's a good refresher for a LOT of people who frequently post on OS.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:28 AM   #8
Banned

SIZEqueen's Arena

OVR: 7
She blinded me with science!
- Thomas Dolby

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »