Home

NBA 2K12 Roster Update Available Now (12-13-11) - Video of Changes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Roster Update Available Now (12-13-11) - Video of Changes Included within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #97
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K12 Roster Update Available Now (12-13-11) - Video of Changes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov

2K should be ashamed of themselves. He should have a much better dunk rating at least, although he doesn't look THAT athletic. Don't get me wrong, he's athletic, but when he dunks, he looks kinda awkward, haha. He almost dunks like a lanky guy. Also, he doesn't really jump THAT high when he dunks, but he benefits from a long wingspan.

I'd give him around 80 dunk, 75-77 vert JUST so he could have the athletic guard package. But, I don't know the exact ratings that would get him there. Also probably give him around 83-86 athleticism, nothing crazy or over 90. HOWEVER, I don't know how ratings work in the game, or what they actually affect in terms of what animations play out.

What do you guys think?
Well in fairness to him that video is from his high school days. If you want a better look at how he is now you should look at his last year highlight reel or his videos from this summer.

The rating that stands out the most to me though is that they have him at like a 60 in speed and quickness. That is just horrible. He should be at no lower than a 75. Combine that with his low vertical rating and it shows part of the reason why his overall is only at 70.

Lastly 2K should look at at least making Williams athletic ratings at least the same as Faried eventhough Williams should be higher. Williams posted better numbers across the board at the combine except vertical. Plus Williams posted a combine best of 19 reps on the bench bress. Combine those numbers with the eye test of watching them two play and there is no reason for Faried's athletic ratings to be that much higher than Williams.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #98
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10

Does anyone know when these rosters or any new ones will be applied to Online Association?
Old 12-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #99
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
Not in front of the game right now but I would bet you whatever you want that Geroge does not have a 72 dunk or 69 vert. No damn way.
Yeah he doesn't. His dunk is 85 and vert is 86.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
Well in fairness to him that video is from his high school days. If you want a better look at how he is now you should look at his last year highlight reel or his videos from this summer.

The rating that stands out the most to me though is that they have him at like a 60 in speed and quickness. That is just horrible. He should be at no lower than a 75. Combine that with his low vertical rating and it shows part of the reason why his overall is only at 70.

Lastly 2K should look at at least making Williams athletic ratings at least the same as Faried eventhough Williams should be higher. Williams posted better numbers across the board at the combine except vertical. Plus Williams posted a combine best of 19 reps on the bench bress. Combine those numbers with the eye test of watching them two play and there is no reason for Faried's athletic ratings to be that much higher than Williams.
Oh, well the only thing I could guess is that they update ratings for rookies as they go along/add more rookies.

And why would someone compare Derrick Williams to Paul George? George is a 2/3, and is smaller in terms of weight. Derrick is a 3/4, so he shouldn't be as athletic as Paul George.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #101

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thanks Marino. Whats the hold up?
His buyout from his team in Spain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #102
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5

JaJuan Johnson and E’Twaun Moore sign your damn rookie contracts!

Don't know when in relation to the roster update but Celtics have successfully signed Marquis Daniels, Chris Wilcox and Greg Stiemsma. Von Wafer has been with the Magic at there training facility but havent signed him yet. I'm not sweating aslong as I can play the knicks on nba today (the christmas game) with a correct Celtics team i'll be satisfied.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #103
Banned

OVR: 25

Also, can anyone check whether Jimmer Fredette goes to the Bucks or Kings in MyPlayer?
Old 12-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #104
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

I know somebody mentioned it earlier but yes Jimmer does have darker arms than the rest of his body. It looks pretty bad too. I took them into practice mode and it was easily noticable and stood out pretty bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »