Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2011, 12:36 AM   #729
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8dlw8
try manually loading your settings at the home screen it has helped me i believe the patch downloads to the user settings.
I played an online game unranked game (sim setting). Is it conceivable that the patch wasn't loaded?
Old 12-20-2011, 01:12 AM   #730
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
I played an online game unranked game (sim setting). Is it conceivable that the patch wasn't loaded?
Not if you played online.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 12-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #731
Banned

SoonerCrazy25's Arena

OVR: 2

I can't get this Saving content thing on the bottom right to go away,i have tried everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #732
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is there somewhere in the game you can go to check which version of the game you have? I can't tell if I have the patch or not.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #733
All Star

OVR: 21

Impressions:

- Have had a few times where it felt the patch didn't "take" for some reason. Have been loading my settings manually at the start and haven't seen the issue since. Still, may be occurring for others and causing unnecessary frustrations

+ Still trying to feel out the overall movement; had gotten used to the sense of momentum pre-patch and liked the overall smoothness of the animations although some felt a lack of control. Post-patch the movement seems a little more static, but still a nice sense of implied momentum/glad they didn't go overboard. The animation-blending is really highlighted with this patch; seeing noticeably more dynamic animations and animation interaction. The animation variety is fantastic; I'd say best ever in a sports game

+ Post game isn't as overpowered as it was pre-patch imo; they made it slightly more awkward to pull the moves off. Also better with anticipating a player's direction and defending them

+ Playing cpu on higher difficulty levels much more enjoyable/less frustrating

- Overall lack of charges

+/- Would like to see a slightly bigger speed differentiation, but much easier to get around opponent than it was pre-patch

+ cpu isn't as psychic on interior passes; opens up the post game and fast breaks more

Just some things off the top of my head; patch is a big plus imo. While it doesn't address Every.Single.Issue. it definitely improved the game overall

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 12-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #734
MVP

OVR: 12

If you deleted the game from your hard drive shouldn't it prompt you to download the patch again when you put the disc back in?
Old 12-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #735
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

What I'm liking about the patch is that I can just play on All-Star/Simulation and get very good results. Slider tweaking can be a headache, so it's nice to just play the game.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2011, 03:31 AM   #736
Rookie

OVR: 0

I mostly use My Player so the flaws I see are a bit different than the ones that come with Association or Online.

+The good thing the patch fixed is that passes are faster now so it's harder for the AI to react.. Also, the pass used is more likely to fit the situation. I can't say much about icon passing since horrible NBA 2k12 passing basically forced me to give it up and I haven't really tried it again.
-You'll still get chest passes that bounce off the defender in front of you and passes that are completely kill the angle you set up, but not as much.

+It also seems to be easier to get to the hoop when a slower player is guarding you. And there's more realistic blocking and charging fouls.
-Getting to the rim more often means dealing with a glaring issue more often though. That issue is the fact that the AI can block almost any shot, with any part of their body without getting a shooting foul. Lots of times, instead of bumping into the defender and shooting a contested layup, the defender simply goes through your arms and knocks the ball away.

+You can actually block jumpshots now. Jumping up into the shooter at the right time will get you a block
-If you want to contest the shot (i.e. reduce shot quality), you're still better off getting close and holding your hands up

The changes are enough to make the game playable, but there's still things that need to be fixed before I feel like the gameplay is on par with 2k11. Somethings are just little tweaks, like making the AI play by the same rules as the user team (deflections and collision detection seem to have one set of rules for the user team and another for the opposing team). And taking away the superhuman recovery speed for the defense. Or major tweaks like the shot contesting system. Rather then having a larger zone of defensive pressure with weaker effects on shots, you should actually have to contest a shooter, and the contest should be predicated on how hard it is for the defender to shoot around you... meaning jumping with a jump shooter should affect a shot more than standing with your hands up. And just being next to a defender who isn't doing anything should have practically no effect on a shot.

Last edited by Controller_B; 12-21-2011 at 03:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »