Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #737
Rookie

BlakkMajik3000's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Passing is definitely improved. When I first got the game, I created a 6'4 all around PG. By the middle of the season, I had a 95 pass rating and still had a 1/1 assist to turnover ratio, because of steal spamming and psychic passing lane defense by the CPU.

Unfortunately, that file got corrupted, so when the patch came out, I created a new one. Right now, I only have an 80 pass rating, but my assist to turnover ratio is about 5/1. I sometimes find myself making boneheaded passes into the lane or cross-court that get picked off. So now, I feel like the picks are a result of my own stupidity, and not because the CPU has an unfair advantage.

I also like that teams no longer overhaul the roster once you get drafted. I play for the Hornets (was actually drafted 15th by the Pacers, but got tired of playing 7 mins a game behind Collison), and the team has remained virtually intact thus far (halfway into season). Chris Kaman and Eric Gordon are BEAST in this game, and are making my passing game easy. Still not sure how I feel about Ariza. He hasn't done all that much this season (in game), and I can honestly say I wouldn't be sad if we were able to trade him for someone better.

Also, haven't had any miracle runs by the CPU that completely erase my 12 point halftime lead 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter. They do fight back, viciously, but it doesn't feel like "they're going to hit everything, and you will make nothing".

All in all, happy with the patch and My Player is fun again. Now all I need 2K to do is fix the colors on the retro J's.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #738
MVP

OVR: 14

Over the last 3 days, the speed issue seems to have been resolved(offline) and I have finally been able to stomach a full game.

I am very satisfied with the way the game plays now. Unlike many, I loved the game pre-patch despite the flaws. My main complaint was the discrepancy in rebounding between the CPU and human player and that aspect is vastly improved. They also managed to make the CPU less 'perfect' in regards to shot making and defense while maintaining that out-the-box intensity of the game. I play Superstar/Sim (with sliders for gameplay balance -- all equal between myself and the CPU) 12 min, and I still have to lock-in to win games.

I just hope the gameplay stays this way and doesn't mysteriously change as roster updates continue to be released.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #739
Rookie

HakeemOlajuwon's Arena

OVR: 2

Hello,

I'm not sur i translated correctly
2KSports talked about patch for christmas.

I would know if we'll have a patch 1.05 for christmas,or if it's just the patch 1.04 coming out more early.

Thank you
Old 12-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #740
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemOlajuwon
Hello,

I'm not sur i translated correctly
2KSports talked about patch for christmas.

I would know if we'll have a patch 1.05 for christmas,or if it's just the patch 1.04 coming out more early.

Thank you
I hope there's a patch 1.05 we sure need it.

Last edited by RedmanR; 12-23-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #741
Rookie

OVR: 1

the patch hasnt changed any thing for me,no matter what team i play against
they always shoot high 60 to 70 percent each game,i try my best to play defense,guys are hitting everything even when im up on them,i got lit up by chase budinger????lol he hit 3"s and dribbled right around my players.before some one says i suck or im not doing it right please spare me the BS!!
Ive been playing 2k since the dreamcast days
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #742
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
Make sure you have Living Rosters set to "ON" in the 'Load/Save Options' screen.
Thanks NealN42
Old 12-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #743
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Bred
the patch hasnt changed any thing for me,no matter what team i play against
they always shoot high 60 to 70 percent each game,i try my best to play defense,guys are hitting everything even when im up on them,i got lit up by chase budinger????lol he hit 3"s and dribbled right around my players.before some one says i suck or im not doing it right please spare me the BS!!
Ive been playing 2k since the dreamcast days
Maybe that just means you have just been bad at 2k since the dreamcast......I kid LA.. Sorry you are getting that experience. I have been holding the cpu in the 40's or low 50's since the patch so I can't say I'm having the same problem.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #744
Banned

OVR: 0

I think the new patch is much better gameplay all around.

Thank you 2k for finally giving us something.

But some stuff still sucks.

Come on you slackers! (to 2k I mean).

I mean, the website does not work; jodie meeks is not the greatest and on the front of the cover, I do not understand and I almost want my money back but I bought you in Colorado and first played you in California and now I'm back in Ohio and I still play you and it's a little different but I can't stop loving you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »