Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #753
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossihaz1
i think i have a problem with the patch
in the last days i noticed that the problems before installing the patch are back: the cpu guars make up and under almost every time, too many steals and passes are very slow
i don't know why it happen now (in the few days after patch it was better). i reinstalled the patch but it didn't help
maybe it's because the roster updates?
hope you can help me solving it
Noticed that some of the roster updated reset the patch just erase the patch and download it again
Old 12-22-2011, 11:47 PM   #754
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
shot success is still pretty wonky and frustrating...

way too many shots in the D and D- range go in...and why are contested turn-around post shots always rated an A or B+? the shots that this game considers to be good shots don't always make sense...and even when the game considers a shot to be bad (it gets a C- or even a D- rating) the shot often goes in anyway...

if a shot is rated any lower than a C- it should pretty much always miss.
I think you are talking about the CPU right? I don't experience that in my favor.The turnaround post shots are overpowered in my opinion and seem to always get a great grade especially if the player attribute is high for turnarounds. It seems the defense doesn't matter for the turnaround jumpshots. The thing that ticks me off is the spin layups that get the high ratings doesn't matter if you have three guys in the lane and they take away your control so that you can't block it. It almost never draws contact straight cheese to me. I have never seen so many points in the paint scored by point guards while centers and PF's are in the lane. It doesn't happen like this 2K. PIP should happen when a person is beat off the dribble and the help is too late to get there not all this up and under spinning layup over three players consistently. These shots would be getting blocked if this was reflecting a bit of realism here.

To be honest here I think the grades get nerfed by what 2K tries to script not the whole outcome but it seems that they at times try to keep the score close at all costs no matter what. If you contest too well on the perimeter the CPU starts to hit all those shots that are rated D- D+ with average shooters and then you are missing all your C+ C- shots.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:47 AM   #755
Banned

OVR: 6

This patch really hasn't done much for me. I'm happy about trade logic but the passing is still broken. There are still random times where my guy will throw a pass in slow motion. Plus the AI STILL steals passes with their backs turned and acts like their psychic(reacting to a pass literally as soon as i start throwing it) this was supposed to be fixed from last year. AI still cheats to create fake difficulty.Rebounding isn't fixed(didn't really expect this though). Every player on the computers team still acts like hakeem in the paint(ridiculous amount of up and under crap used by any player who gets in the paint.)Dunk tendency problems etc. Overall i'm not impressed in the slightest.

I really had high hopes for this patch.

Last edited by GHOSTFACE03; 12-23-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 04:47 AM   #756
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't know how much more of this I can take really. I love this game and it plays so well at times then all this BS start happening that ruin the game. I got blocked twice in one quarter by Jason Terry on help defense while I was Dwight Howard and being guarded by Dirk. I then drove the lane with Jameer Nelson and three players collapsed on me. Jameer stopped, threw a chest pass kick out to Richardson, that went straight into the back of Haywood. He threw a chest pass in the lane as a kickout straight into the back of a defender. Turnover and off to defend the fast break... This game could be so good if it didnt have this stuff. Yeah I know it isnt perfect but I think this is done to help the CPU and its flat out cheating..
Old 12-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #757
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I think you are talking about the CPU right? I don't experience that in my favor.The turnaround post shots are overpowered in my opinion and seem to always get a great grade especially if the player attribute is high for turnarounds. It seems the defense doesn't matter for the turnaround jumpshots. The thing that ticks me off is the spin layups that get the high ratings doesn't matter if you have three guys in the lane and they take away your control so that you can't block it. It almost never draws contact straight cheese to me. I have never seen so many points in the paint scored by point guards while centers and PF's are in the lane. It doesn't happen like this 2K. PIP should happen when a person is beat off the dribble and the help is too late to get there not all this up and under spinning layup over three players consistently. These shots would be getting blocked if this was reflecting a bit of realism here.
yep...the lack of contact on certain moves is really killing this game for me...hop steps, "right stick spin moves", up-and-unders, certain layup animations - none of these animations can be interrupted with contact...players can just plow through a whole crowd of defenders with hopsteps and spin moves all day long...yet there is no contact. then when trying to cut off drives, you can't bump the ball handler a lot of the time...even if you cut him off, he'll just "mario-run" right against you until he can break the mario run and slip by you - no collision...and it's even worse when you're standing right in front of a driving player and he dribbles the ball THROUGH your torso and gets to the hoop...i don't know if i can take it anymore...it's 2011 - they should at least have some type of decent contact/physics system by now.

they should've kept the bumping system from 2k11, but just SHORTENED the bump animations and made it so you could break out of a bump animations if you changed your dribbling direction...instead they removed a lot of the bumping so players can now just mario-run right into defenders and then slip by them with no contact...they also took away the ability to initiate the hip ride when holding turbo and running next to the ball handler...so basically if you are holding turbo, you cannot create any contact, even if you are right in the ball handler's way. there is some real B.S. going on.

then there's those god-awful up-and-unders...i can try to position my defender right in front of the player to try to force him into a contact layup, but instead he just leans right into me and my player just gets nudged backwards...no contact, no altered animation...just a B.S. looking shot that usually goes in.

there are some situations where the contact does work pretty well - like the mid-air collisions and shot adjustments...so we know 2k can do good contact...but it's like on certain moves physics just don't apply - if a player hop steps directly into a defender, he should be stopped with contact or he should plow over him and be called for a charge - the defender shouldn't just get nudged back like he's not even there. and if a player hopsteps or spins into a crowd, he should get stripped or lose the ball most of the time - because spinning into a crowd is a bad decision...2k12 rewards bad decisions by making hop steps and spins unstoppable...there is no consequence for being reckless in the paint because there's no way to interrupt all these B.S. moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
To be honest here I think the grades get nerfed by what 2K tries to script not the whole outcome but it seems that they at times try to keep the score close at all costs no matter what. If you contest too well on the perimeter the CPU starts to hit all those shots that are rated D- D+ with average shooters and then you are missing all your C+ C- shots.
yeah, i see some shady stuff which appears to be 2k's attempt to keep the games close. there are almost never any blowouts in this game - it almost always comes down to the final few minutes...i can almost never get a good lead in this game because the CPU just starts hitting B.S. contested shots when it wants to keep the score close...meanwhile my players start missing what should be easy shots.

Last edited by blues rocker; 12-23-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #758
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I agree with you blues on almost everything you said. 2k12 shows you though that 2ksports has a tendency of listening a little too much to people's opinions on what needs to be changed. That's why I think people need to be careful what they complain about constantly and loudly. I know the bumping/grinding animations were a major complaint by many people here in regards to 2k11 and now they have adjusted the game according to those many complaints from 2k11. Now 2k11 ain't that bad in hindsight regarding bumping animations..I still really like 2k12 personally but 2ksports listens so people need to be careful about what they label as issues imo.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #759
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have been following this thread plus the original impressions thread.

I am happy...in fact very happy I stuck with 2K11 and passed on this title. I have a feeling I would have been very upset just from the removal of the bumping (which I never had a problem with as it acted as a defensive buffer and kept the game from being a dunk fest) and the enormous amount of negative feedback regarding the bad passing in this game.

I will wait till 2K13 and see what they come up with then.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #760
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I still really like 2k12 personally but 2ksports listens so people need to be careful about what they label as issues imo.
Ain't that the truth... Won't make a difference for some though; they're going to complain regardless. Here are two 2K11 threads:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nimations.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-scripted.html

Some of the same people crying a river over similar issues, year after year. Each time saying the previous year was better, they should've stuck with that system. My porridge is too hot. My porridge is too cold. Given the overall fickle nature of some in the forums I think the dev team does a good job of implementing their own vision while trying to address real concerns/issues. But it seems some people will never be satisfied

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 12-23-2011 at 02:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »