Home

Why does the PC Patch always gets Delayed?

This is a discussion on Why does the PC Patch always gets Delayed? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Why does the PC Patch always gets Delayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
this game is crap without modding and it is crap without the patches right now!
so either way you put it the game sucks at the moment, the sad thing is that 2k is just wasting the potential to have a (in every aspect) great game.

btw can somebody make this a sticky thread? i dontknow if its too much to ask for, but for me it feels like that 2k needs to get aware of that users wont accept that kind of behaviour any longer. hope the nba2k pc community will speak up here!
we been speaking up for year... it doesnt matter, as long as people continue to buy the game, going to get the same response, its sad
Old 12-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #34
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
I'm really getting frustrated that 2K Sports continue to ignore PC users with regards to PC support! Every year PC users have to wait weeks/months after the console patch is released before we get ours. I don't understand the delay, other games like Skyrim get their patch out to users across all platforms at the same time so why can't 2K Sports do the same thing for NBA 2K?

It does not make sense and there's no logical explanation to this, if other game companies are able to release PC patches at the same time with their Xbox and PS3 users why can't they do it for NBA 2K? This isn't the first year this has happened, it happens every year! We still haven't even gotten the first Patch Yet! (1.03)

Please don't move this thread to the PC forum side, I doubt that the 2K developers ever go there in the first place. I just want some attention from the PC support.
Pay half the price..Wait twice as long for support. Stinks though..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #35
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

It would be interesting if I were to set up a poll asking consumers

if they rather pay the price as Xbox/PS3 users for NBA 2K in order to get the same support (same patch release date)

or

they rather have it not changed and stick with half the price tag with delayed patches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #36
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Thumbs up Re: Why does the PC Patch always gets Delayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
It would be interesting if I were to set up a poll asking consumers

if they rather pay the price as Xbox/PS3 users for NBA 2K in order to get the same support (same patch release date)

or

they rather have it not changed and stick with half the price tag with delayed patches.
oh yes! but still what abt the iOS version? its just got its patch together with the consoles....
Old 12-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #37
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

so the wait continues... let's see how long it takes this year till we get the patch in order to enjoy gameplay fixes....
Old 12-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Personally when I paid half price for this game compared to consoles I did not expect to get the same support as consoles. I buy the PC version for better graphics, mods, and faster loading. I'm happy with that. I don't really see 2K changing on this, I'm just glad they bother to make the game on PC in the first place they don't do all that well with the game selling it half price on PC as is.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #39
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Personally I would rather have better Gameplay vs. Better Graphics...But we can have both on the PC, just a matter of time when the patch comes out. Just frustrated that we have to wait so long.

Also, I would probably pay $60 to get the game for PC with the same support as the 360/PS3. But only IF they guarantee that patches would be released @ the same time as the other consoles.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:40 AM   #40
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

i think the extra money that they want for the xbox and ps3 version goes to sony and microsoft actually. isnt it like that? so 2k doesnt earn more per sold copy..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »