Home

Old 12-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Nba Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy
If you start an Exhibition game, and then quit it, the correct date and games show up for NBA Today.

I tried that, but NBA Today is still showing Dec 25 schedule and games. Its to bad, I wish it was showing the right date, the feature itself in the games is working ok, just the wrong date.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
eh technically people are still off from work....sheesh learn some patience...

It's like 2k is your only game in your library....
It's opening day and half of these expectations were set by 2k themselves saying the were cooking up something for Christmas and folks were working if NBA Christmas games were playing.

It wouldn't be as big an annoyance if 2k didn't hype things up and then under deliver. Most of us still don't know what the Christmas surprise alluded to was supposed to be. The shoes? The rosters still missing second rounders? NBA Today working (or not working as the case may be)? Don't know. 2k should have had opening day features ready for opening day, and shouldn't be egging us on only to deliver less than what we reasonably expect. If they can't meet expectations, then a short apology referring to the lockout and holidays would be accepted by us begrudgingly. Instead we got even more hype and ended up staring at an incomplete roster and a half broken NBA Today. Most people probably also missed the Christmas shoes because NBA Today would fail to show the games at times.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #19
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Ronnie hyped it ....blame yourselves for falling into it...he hyped stuff before and it was underwhelming. To think people would've learned by now.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
No the mode is pretty great. Also during my game, at halftime it showed the scheduled games for the day, and also it attempted to show the top players of the week, the coach of the month and the outstanding rookies of the month, and all of there stats. Overall the mode is really deep on how it shows a real world stats during the game such as a teams, league average in certain stat categories, the commentators also commented on things going on around the league right now in real life. Also during the game, the camera man zoomed in on Kevin Durants new shoes that recently became available on 2K12 and the commentators start discussing his shoes. It doesn't sound that great to some, but you just would have to play a few NBA Today games to understand how great it is, that is when 2K finally works out the kinks and update it properly, because right now its still showing the NBA Today christmas games.
@STLRam - For Durant, did you have to equip the new shoe, or did it put it on him automatically?

Mine didn't equip his shoe, but Kobe had the Kobe VII black function (or w/e) that just came out a day ago (not the xmas cheetah). I'll try to equip and see, shame it doesn't do it automatically, but I can equip to get the special camera shot.

Yeah, mine still shows Christmas Day games, but it's cool since I couldn't play yesterday! I like the holiday graphics, and the up-to-date overlays. Halftime showing league awards will be cool once it gets going. The NYE advertisement was cool touch.

Overall I dig the mode so far. Just hope it doesn't corrupt one of my rosters, with Living Rosters turned on.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

remember when Ronnie hyped 1st roster update of the season and we got like Irving,Thompson,Faried and Hamilton
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #22
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

My Christmas games finally worked. What was dissapointing was the incorrect lineups. Pp startin for celts, Barnes for the Lakers an Murphy jus to name a few. Nt to mention the missing rookies is really annoying an unacceptable since they were unlocked unofficially over a month ago. It really shows how cocky an lazy 2k has become. Smh
Old 12-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Then don't use it. There are a ton of us that love it
Lol I dont, just trying to figure the big deal. So basically you're saying that he ONLY difference between NBA Today and an exhibition game is that it displays the scores of the real NBA games at that present time? But to get those scores you have to play THAT game at the same time THAT the REAL game is on TV? So pretty much most NBA Today players dont actually watch the NBA that often...pretty much sums up the lack of real bball knowledge on this board...
Old 12-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Ronnie hyped it ....blame yourselves for falling into it...he hyped stuff before and it was underwhelming. To think people would've learned by now.
Truth. And the sad thing is it really wasn't even hype. The article that was posted had one short paragraph at the end saying they were cooking something up for Christmas. And of course some people took and ran with it like it needed to be earth-shattering. Laughably the people that were playing with hexed rosters said it was disappointing because they'd already (cheated) to get the newer jerseys and acted as if 2K should've somehow accounted for that because the news wasn't new to them.

It's just like people saying 2K overhyped the game before it released - how? When did they say the game would be the next coming? It was a bunch of people on the forums begging for multiple Insights a week, clamoring for video, any piece of information from anywhere, that hyped the game. And when the game didn't meet their lofty expectations they chose to bash and place blame.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »