Home

Help!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Help!!!!!!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Help!!!!!!!!

Ive had 2k12 since release date and i im about to trade it in. I tried using realistic sliders (Yells World) but it seems like every defender plays LeBron on Ball defense. I don't expect to get to rim every time playing with jason kidd or andre miller but when i play with d rose, rondo, cp3, etc. i should be able to cross the defender up or blow right by them most of time to either make a tough layup or kick the ball out for an open teammate. And it seems like anytime you get a step or 2 on a defender they turn on a dime to recover and sprint to step right in front of you and do that stupid bumping animation or if you actually get by the defender it seems like their is always like 3 help defenders and if you try to pass out its an automatic turnover. I literally score 95% of my points on jumpers and in the post,so is there any tips on how to score more points in the paint with a PG or wing players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Help!!!!!!!!

Try pounding the paint and getting the ball to your bigs. After they get the message and start doubling. That'll leave you open for easy 3's.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

two things.

1. seems like you want to play on casual mode. If you are playing on sim, you shouldnt expect to get by your defender everytime, as you stated. if you want to get to the rim every time with DROSE and Rondo , lower the contact slider. or you can

2. just practice some more. you have to play smart and pick and choose when to drive into the lane. cause it is there. set picks, run isolation plays.

if you dont understand any of this, really check your settings. play on default or casual mode or on a lower level until you get comfortable with the game.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

I've also had the game since release and even though I left off playing on Superstar in NBA 2K11, I had to bring the difficulty down to Pro in NBA 2K12 and just recently made it to All Star.

Just keep playing, learn how to set up screens. Do not turbo a lot, because turbo draws the stone wall defenders. Use turbo to shake them and drive in to the lane.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9

That's weird I use Yells roster and sliders and have had great success with the game. I'd say just take it slow and run your play's. When playing sim style just run n gun and shooting won't get you any success. In my Clippers association my main strategy is start by going to the post with Blake and Deandre. This make your opponent lock the paint down and it frees up my 3 guys Delonte West, Caron, Chauncey and Vinsanity to bomb them from the outside. Late in the game as the defense starts to get tired that's when i've notices I can bang inside and hit em with CP3s tear drop layup and crossover guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXTRa CReDiiT
Thanks for the advice guys.
What I would suggest as well would be to lower CPU on ball D to 25. Then experiment, play some games, and keep raising it until you feel comfortable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »