Home

Will 2K13 Be Better Than 2K12??

This is a discussion on Will 2K13 Be Better Than 2K12?? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #9
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will 2K13 Be Better Than 2K12??

It better be....
Old 02-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

2k13 will be better. They have no choice. For 2k to sit back and think they have pro basketball on lock when EA has sat back for two years dissecting the NBA 2k series is financial suicide on their part. EA has the resources to bring a product to this demographic that could blow the door off the hinges. 2k has all the glitz and glamor; graphics, playbooks, shooting styles, my-player, etc.

HOWEVER,.. EA's online features, just in pure efficiency (being able to play games online when you go online) alone, put 2k's online reputation to shame. I have played the online association in 2k12, albeit fun,.. it is quite honestly, poorly implemented. If EA can produce a basketball equivalent to the Online Dynasty in NCAA Football in next year's NBA release, and 2k doesn't,.. it could be bye, bye, 2k for me.

I am a big 2k fan, however, I play the most complete simulation/realistic/polished sports game on the market,.. whomever may make it. If I didn't I wouldn't be playing 2k right now,.. I've played Live since before it was "Live." Once I came to understand 2k had a better product in 2006,.. I haven't bought another EA NBA title. And if EA offers a better product next year,.. better believe,.. I will welcome EA back with open arms.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

well its not out yet, so i don't know.

but it probably will. then again who knows. we haven't invented time travel yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #12
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I think it's getting harder to judge the whole package and compare it to the previous title. As I've read here, there are a lot of great things about 2K12, and still some people miss/play 2K11. Some would play 2K11 and like it better...if only it had X, Y & Z from 2K12.

I'm not sure you can compare the entire game these days when it comes to gameplay. You can compare graphics/sound/presentation (and it's very subjective, of course), but you have to take the game apart and compare features, break it into smaller parts.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 02-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #13
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4

I sure hope so. Even though this year's game was a pretty big disappointment from my perspective, I haven't lost faith in 2K's ability to produce greatness. If they can just build on their '11 form, refocus on the elements that made 2K11 such a landmark title, 2K13 should be fine.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the comments will definitely wait for 2k13

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »