Home

Is it possible to throw a standing alley-oop in this game?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to throw a standing alley-oop in this game? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Is it possible to throw a standing alley-oop in this game?

As in, the recipient catches it from a standstill as opposed to on the run. Should I just stop trying?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Is it possible to throw a standing alley-oop in this game?

Ive wondered this as well.I know it would come in handy with the speedy help d recovery in this game.Help guy comes but as soon as i pass it off its contested or blocked.Stand still lob would be nice in that situation but could probably be abused as well so i dunno.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

I don't throw many oops in traffic, but I remember getting one on accident from Chris Paul to Deandre Jordan. I thought Griffin was cutting to the basket with an open lane so I threw it, only Griffin got caught on his man and Jordan cleaned it up.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Yes, it is possible to throw an alley oop to someone just standing close to the basket. However, it is not something I would recommend trying very often as the odds of completing one of these is very low.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

You can throw a standing alley. Hard to do tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #6
Like Father Like son

ROABS's Arena

OVR: 17

any alley-oop ive thrown in game the receiving player needed to at least take a couple steps towards the hoop.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #7
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

as far as the demo for nba 2k12 goes it was possible and seemed realistic enough to not be abused; but then again this was against the AI cause there was no way to play a human opponent in the demo.

but as far as doing it in the actual game i have seen 0 (zero) completed neither by myself ,any AI controlled team, or by any person i have played against offline/online.
the intended receiver either dont jump or just goes about his motions not recognizing or reacting to the pass or the ball nearby.

Recommendations
:add animation of attempting the standing alley hoop so even if he doesn't attempt to score the ball at least catch and recover for a put back or pass the ball back out

and/or fumbles depending on attributes of catching in traffic and finishing in traffic
Old 02-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

There is one play in the celtics playbook for the 4 I think that has a lot of movement, and the 5 kind of hangs out on the edge of the paint weak side and if the D slides to help and I have the right angle from the top of the key I can throw the oop and Jermaine will take two steps and throw it down.

It's really hard to pull off and impossible to force. You have to read it right and have the right angle. I think only possible for big men, perhaps obviously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »