Home

New to 2k12 onkine, seeking advice please

This is a discussion on New to 2k12 onkine, seeking advice please within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New to 2k12 onkine, seeking advice please

Hi all, I played my first few online games last night.
Wouldnt mind some advice on how i play and how to be a better online sim gamer. Ive read cheeser related threads on here but not that say how to be a good simplayer, (happy to be corrected on that with links ).
Offline i use simworld sliders, with simworld rosters for association and with real2kinsider roster for everything else. I like how those feel. Obviously online, that means little.
I play for fun, and like most, i want others to have fun too when they play me.

My online experience sofar:
My first online game was as Kings vs Nets. Where i was losing 8-4 in first quarter and the guy quits. No clue why.

Second was as Rockets vs Knicks, he never used any plays and just playing fast break constantly, using melo to try to steal during every inbounds and to score threes no matter if open, contested, doubled etc, frustrating as hell. Even started camping melo under my basket. I stuck with it, as im not a ragequitter and tried to play and attempted to compete against it. I lost 61-49. (i realised i was starting to try and counter by using his own technique of fast breaking and threes, going 4-15 from 3, but i stopped myself after i realised i was doing this, it just wasnt fun).

Third was much better, as TWolves vs Grizzlies i actually enjoyed it more as we were able to actually play a decent game, so thanks to whoever that was. Alas, they quit in the fourth with 5seconds to go. 50-44 to me.

Those above Games stats
TEAM. OPP. PTS. PTSA. FG%. 3P%. FT%. FGM. FGA. 3PM. 3PA. .
Sac. Nj. 4. 8. .286 O 0 2 7 0 1
Hous. Ny. 49 61 .438 .267 .60 21 48 4 15
Min. Memp. 50 44 .432 .667 .714 19 44 2 3

FTM. FTA. AST. REB. REBA. STL. BLK. FLS. TO.
0 0 1 3 4 1 0 0 1
3 5 11 26 28 5 5 5 11 10 14 18 31 20 3 7 5 8

Nb:if stats are wonky it may be because i typed on ipad with tapatalk.

Im not a great player, i just enjoy it and try to play properly imo.

How i like to try and play offline vs cpu, id like to play online:

I like to pick a position and control just that position, usually its pg.
I like to walk/jog the ball downcourt allowing my team and defense to setup.
Once there, broadly speaking, my pg will hold the ball whilst i look at the defense and decide on a play type. (nb, i usually choose a different play for a different player every time down the court, im not knowledgable on the plays so i pick the type i want, for the guy i want, not always sure of how itll play out).
Once chosen, ill try to run the play but will break it if a good opportunity arises, ie someone wide open that isnt in the play so ill try and use them.
If my team get an offensive rebound, i like to kick it back out and run another play, though thisll change to a putback if it feels right.
Ill use pick n rolls/pops every few possesions, as i quite like them, and it helps get cracks in the defense, i think they are just fun too.
If im playing as a big, then i like to get in the post and back down, usng the create space/lean back post moves, testing defender, then maybe pass out if im not happy or try a scoring move or try to draw a defenr away from someone else by backing down. Its dependant really on the defence.

On defense, again ill control one position.
Usually i run man to man as, again, im not knowledgable on the plays and not sure whats supposed to counteract certain offences so man to man works better for me usually. Though i will change it now and then so, in my eyes, the opposition sees something different and may have to adjust themselves.
Ill occasuonally try for a steal but i found in offline that ill get called for a reach more iften than not so i generally leave it for pass interceptions, if any, like i do in rl.
Ill contest most shots, thou it doesnt seem to matter sometimes,ill still do it as its what i do in rl.
Ill usually get arms up when on a scorer or if a player has picked up their dribble, i may even double if they are in a corner or isolated.
I dont regularly double team and tend to use it on bigs that are post threats that have the ball and i think they are setting up. Not sure if thats how its meant to be done, but i feel better for it .
Id like to use the defensive settings in online games but if i dont get it done in the pregame screen the i dont do it, i dislike the whole pause system where they dont know what your doing and looks like timewasting or trolling. So i use the ingame quick defensive strategy button as needed, though it doesnt do exactly as i want of course.

Itd obviously help me to learn all or most of the plays but it isnt realistic, i wouldnt remember them, i have a couple of favorites but dont use them all the time, i think thats unfair to do that.

Any advice on improving my gameplay id appreciate, thats all the info i can think of at the moment.

Im interested in leagues but havnt found anywhere to explain exactly what goes on and what happens, how things are scheduled/fitting in with rl etc. I work alot and have a young family so might be hard to fit in, depending on how they work.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »