Home

Your most memorable game of 2K?

This is a discussion on Your most memorable game of 2K? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Your most memorable game of 2K?

Played a 2k12 game a few days ago for my OKC association. We were down by 10 points going into the 4th quarter, then Durant went crazy, draining shot after shot.

He hit two threes in a row to tie it (we had cut it down to 6 points), then the Lakers went on a crazy 15-0 run where they had 2 and 1s (missed one free throw), hit 3 3's, and a dunk by Kobe. Durant got an easy layup, then the Lakers made 2 more shots in a row to put them up by 9 with a minute and a half to go. Durant decided that we weren't going to lose. He hit a huge 2 point jumper to cut it to 7 with around 45 seconds left. I decided to foul, and Kobe knocked them both down. I had Durant take a contest 3, and he drained it, 6 point lead. I fouled them again, and they hit 1 of 2. Durant takes it down, drains another three, this time it was wide open. 3 point lead. Fouled again, makes both. Durant goes down, drains a long 2. 1 point lead. I fouled Kobe, and he ended up bricking both free throws. Durant takes it down, drives to the basket, and slammed it down over Andrew Bynum with a second left. Game over.

Durant ended up with 58 points, 5 assists, and 14 rebounds. Funny thing is, he had 11 points in the first half, and he was bricking shots right and left.

Last edited by avrpatsfan; 06-11-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:20 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

2k9... All I remember was I scored 112 with Kobe against a friend. In won by around 20, he was so pissed. 12 min quarters.

Last edited by facehead_1; 06-11-2012 at 03:24 AM. Reason: I'm dumb
Old 06-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #35
Rookie

ScreamOrangeBleedBlu's Arena

OVR: 0

It's gotta be a three-way tie with these, the 3 most memorable games that immediately come to mind...

First ever game I played in 2k12 happened to be the NBA's Greatest matchup of Larry Legend and the '86 Celtics vs The Human Highlight Reel's ATL Hawks [aside: I also copped Larry's cover, woo-woo!]. Seeing as it was my first time getting my feet wet with the game, the Hawks had thoroughly out played me and had a substantial lead by the game's near-finish. With thoughts of certain defeat looming, I all but conceded the lost with about a minute and change left on the clock - but the Legend had something to say about that. Larry chucks up a 3 and *swish* *it goes in: hmm I thought. Celtics foul and send the Hawks to the line. We inbound to Larry and again - swish. Wow I say. Rinse and repeat...two.more.times. Larry Legend knocks in 4 straight 3s in the waning moments of the game, including the game winner with only 4 seconds left after sending the Hawks to the free throw line after every one to win the match. I couldn't believe it and to this day hold that it was more Bird's doing than my own haha. That's when I knew 2K had nailed #33's "it/clutch" factor and think it was a truly astonishing inaugural game to introduce me to 2k12.

Another awe-inspiring and gasp-inducing match/moment came from another classics match-up, this time against an online (non-cpu) opponent. He had chosen to ball with Run TMC of the Golden State Warriors while I picked Hakeem the Dream and his '94 Rockets. Once again, I found myself getting out-balled and down by at least 20 points early in the match (around the late 1st quarter, mid 2nd quarter range). I wouldn't let him coast to a victory and also wouldn't dream of rage-quitting or exiting early, so I buckled down and started to dominate the paint with Olajuwon which opened up opportunities with my plethora of marksman 3-pointer shooters. Grinding it out and slowly closing the deficit I faced throughout, I forced us to head into overtime. With 4 seconds left on the clock in OT, we were all tied up and a second overtime period seemed all but assured. Rockets' ball, I inbound the ball to Kenny "The Jet" Smith and the 'fool' doesn't even attempting to put a body on him - mental mistake, lazy defense, over-concerned about overtime pt.2, underestimated the Jet, I'll never know - but Kenny dribbles it for about 3 steps to the top of the key and releases a prayer. * . * . *Buzzer sounds off a fraction of a moment before the ball finds its way into the net and the game is over. Rockets win! A shout of joy and genuine surprise pours out of me as I can't believe the outcome and the play (and I then imagine the utter surprise my adversary must have been struck by at that very same moment).

Last memorable game was an online quick team match up. It was the NY Knicks versus the MIA Heat with 2 users on each squad: it was me as Carmelo and a random baller as A'mare and two unknowns controlling Lebron + Wade. I was sucking it hard as Melo [I swear I'm not as terrible as all these particular matches make me out to be haha] in the entire first half. Couldn't get down his shot, missing open looks, very bad over all, 6-13 kinda half. As usual, Wade + Lebron mercilessly dunked their way to a lead. But we hung in there, I started to get to the line to convert some free throws and fed Big Man A'mare ova and ova, getting him great looks under the basket, motherfkr was money - making everything as I started to nail some jumpers to close the half. Found my groove in the start of the second half, but it was still Stoudemire coming up huge for us as we got it to be real close (no more than a 4 point difference) at this point. Then comes the fourth and Melo takes over. Even though they continued to get their looks and dunks, their defense was shoddy (and hadn't solidified as well as ours had progressively) *and we started getting consistent stops. With 19 seconds left in the game and 1 second left on the expiring shot clock, "Melodrama heats up the garden [MSG], at the buzzer" and hits the game clinching shot. I backed my way towards the basket, Lebron on D and hit a turn around J over BOTH the outstretched hands of Wade and James. Down most of the game, starting off rough - I end up shooting *the jumper that guarantees us the victory and end up player of the game. (big ups to my partner Big Man A'mare who hung in there with me and ended up sticking it to dem suckers haha).

And that be 3 of my most memorable 2k moments.

Last edited by ScreamOrangeBleedBlu; 06-11-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 1

I was playing 2k10 online. i had the Cavs and my opponent had the Lakers. Lebron was going off in the first quarter with 15 points, but then he got injured going up for the rebound at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Now i am getting crushed losing by 26 at the end of 3. Good News! Lebron is back for the fourth quarter. Guess What! i drop 27 with him in the 4th while mo williams dropps 21. and we come back to win 107-94!!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 10

First game with Pared (NBA 2k11 with his slider set, damn gorgeous) lost by 1 with Durant hitting a jumper with a blasted foot on the 3 point line.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3
I just tried going for 100 in myplayer just cause I've never done it.

I had 96 with over 7 min to go when I picked up my 5th foul trying to help out on a driving KG. the coach benched me and never put me back in. Sigh.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #39
Rookie

RidirkulousPokes's Arena

OVR: 0
My buddy and I played everyday after football practice during my senior year in college last semester.

I beat him every single time we played, pretty handily too. I was usually my Mavs, or sometimes the young Thunder.

8 min qtrs. with updated ratings. He was the Thunder. I was the Mavs.

I couldn't find Dirk or Jet's shooting touch from tip and fell behind 48-37 at half. 3rd quarter was much of the same, I was trailing 61-53 going into the 4th.
He was talking that noise until Dirk went all....well Dirk on the Thunder and had 11-0 run by himself to make it 74-73 Thunder w/ 4 to play.....

KD had 36 and hit 4 straight FT's to make it 78-73 with 2:16 to go and Jet went to work.....

Terry from the corner....Bang! Huge 3 to cut it to 78-76.

Westbrook dribble drive....Oop to Ibaka. He flushes it down to make it 80-76 with 1:34 to play.

Terry again for a corner 3....He got it, and the Mavs trail by 1 with 56 seconds to play.

OKC running their offense and watching the time tick down....Durant with a deeep 3...no good. The Mavs have it with 35 seconds to go.

Dirk gets it at the top of the elbow...4 seconds to go in the shot clock....Dirk double pumps, gets Ibaka in the air....draws the foul and banks it in!! Dirk makes FT to make it 82-80 with 12.9 seconds to go.

OKC inbounds....Westbrook to Durant and everyone clears out....Durant takes a dribble inside the 3 point line at top of circle, 5..4..3...Durant spin move, step back 3 on the way....Buzzer sounds.....and the ball swishes through the net....Thunder win! 83-82 in thrilling fashion.

I was bummed, but it was a lot of fun. Still the only loss I took from my teammate.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:05 AM   #40
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Pretty much any game when I wasn't playing online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »