Home

ANIMATION DUNKS SHOULD BE REMOVED?!

This is a discussion on ANIMATION DUNKS SHOULD BE REMOVED?! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should Animation dunk be removed?
YES 18 60.00%
NO 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 16
ANIMATION DUNKS SHOULD BE REMOVED?!

I've always said animation dunks are a easy way to just score every position. I can get kevin durant to have 10-20 highlight dunks every game. Should they be taken out and instead make posters with just block attempts and a physics engine where body contact will change what happens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: ANIMATION DUNKS SHOULD BE REMOVED?!

they are ok in some situations but overall they should be removed. if they were it would make the game more realistic and better
Old 06-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Pro

roboas's Arena

OVR: 0

I think your idea is a good one, but I don't think it is easy for a game developer to make a working physics-based engine that players will enjoy. If it made sense, it would have been done already.

Don't you like scoring every possession?
Old 06-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

some of them are ok but i get what you are saying. the ones where they move you from a charge position thus making them blocking fouls, the ones when the person behind someone gets sucked into the animation. physics don't really matter in this game centers can barley effect someone's shot like nate robinson
Old 06-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboas
I think your idea is a good one, but I don't think it is easy for a game developer to make a working physics-based engine that players will enjoy. If it made sense, it would have been done already.

Don't you like scoring every possession?
Haha I like scoring every position but not in a unrealistic way. I understand it wouldn't be easy for the developers, but I think somebody needs to try it. This would add a huge step to realism

https://twitter.com/#!/Nba2kNbalive FOR BEST NBA2K12 GAMING TIPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NbaLiveNba2k
Haha I like scoring every position but not in a unrealistic way. I understand it wouldn't be easy for the developers, but I think somebody needs to try it. This would add a huge step to realism

Yeah i completely agree... it wouldnt be easy but if they did it, this game would take a huge step up
Old 06-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
some of them are ok but i get what you are saying. the ones where they move you from a charge position thus making them blocking fouls, the ones when the person behind someone gets sucked into the animation. physics don't really matter in this game centers can barley effect someone's shot like nate robinson
Yea it would be nice for people going for charges in the paint to get the call because we don't have halfcourt possesion charges in the game. Would be another huge add!

Old 06-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

I absolutely hate that two-hand-dunk-jump-over-defender animation. I mean, almost every poster is like that. I think they should do mo-cap with Ginobili or Rondo as they are the best players to do that. But they have Austin Rivers for this years mo-cap so fingers crossed. Anyway, they should make a list of 10(heck, I'd be perfectly happy with 5) contact-dunk animations which would be life-like.. Not something that I wish didn't happen even though I got a dunk of the year and and1. Players should also go for 1 ahnded dunks more.. Not all players do two handed slams like D-Rose.

Dunks I'd like to see in game.. -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw3W3ZL869E

Even though these aren't that bad.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4DSNmXYLCA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »