Home

NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (JerzeyReign)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (JerzeyReign) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #41
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (JerzeyReign)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls321974
Don't know. I got very mixed emotions after watching the footage and reading thru the preview. Might actually not be as good as 2K12 eventually...
What makes you think that?

JezeyReign have you noticed an improvements on layups? The animation where so lazy and inapropriate in 2K12, you coudn't really penetrate and attack the rim with small guards as well as you could in 2K11 for example. What are your thoughts on that?

Last edited by Vni; 08-17-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #42
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Great stuff, JerzeyReign! This is shaping up to be the true next step up from 2K11. I'm hyped!

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt

Last edited by greenegt; 08-17-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 12
Great writeup.

Quote:
Other than that, I love the new collision detection, especially on the ball handler. You can really steer a player in the direction you want to go but if you steer too much or can't keep up with the player, as I found out the hard way against Westbrook, they will turn the corner on you and look to attack. The ball handler/defender relationship is a beautiful thing this season. It really makes on ball defense easier to do and turns it into a better option than playing off ball and attacking from the weak side.

Control Stick (Dribbling) - Honestly, this took me ONE five minute quarter to get used to (and the guy beat me 16-15). If you have ever played the NBA Live series you may be familiar with the control stick but please don't say it’s identical. The options you have at just a flick of your thumb, is remarkable. I played one guy and he just looked at me amazed as I used his spamming of the steal button to make him look foolish as a little baby cross followed by a quick hesitation had him reaching while the quick around the back move had him tying shoelaces in the front row. Truly a great addition to the series but don't worry about this turning into And 1. Dribbling, much to my displeasure, still drains energy so any move you do needs to be quick. One day 2k will read my mind and tie dribbling too long with ball security -- the better ball handlers can play with you a little longer than the rest. Until then we have this -- no matter if it drains energy or brings down ball security -- it’s an addition that most guys, especially the ones who haven't mastered the isomotion, will greatly appreciate. And if you are in that #IsomotionAchieved Club, things just got a lot easier for you, as the moves are pretty much similar for the most part.
This is awesome. Those realistic inner game ball handler / defender battles + reward/consequence plays are what help make SIM ball = WINNING ball...especially online. Can't wait. This game shaping up to be G.O.A.T. Add hackless crew n probably be sports game of the year.

Last edited by Ramboooo; 08-17-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #44
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Thanks for your vids and insights JR. Did you see any injuries? If so, did players still back away from them and stare like they had some highly contagious and deadly disease?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Thanks for your vids and insights JR. Did you see any injuries? If so, did players still back away from them and stare like they had some highly contagious and deadly disease?
Ha, yes, it'd be nice to at least see some NFL 2K5-style injury cut-scenes at some point down the line, maybe featuring trainers, maybe featuring players walking off with the aid of teammates, maybe some awesome dialogue of the player saying injury things, like "Ugh, it hurts! Right here in my shoulder." (again just like 2K5). I like when my gaming injuries can serve as one part realistic and one part entertainment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #46
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskier
Beluba said that Y is the button on his twitter
Thanks!!.............
Old 08-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Maybe it is worth it's own thread since it might get lost in here with impressions. Jerzey, thanks for the updates and stuff by the way.

Has 2k ever given a detailed explanation of the difference between camera relative vs absolute?

I always play Absolute for offense and defense and I "sort of" get it, but not entirely. I can tell the difference between camera relative and absolute (partly because of the menu glitch that sometimes moves all your settings around between games) when I end up on Camera Relative from time to time.

Like, is Absolute based on the Broadcast cam or 2k cam? Or is it something entirely different? I would love an extremely detailed explanation of Absolute vs Camera Relative. Seriously, explain it to me as in-depth as you can and like you would to a child.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #48
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

thanks for the Gamescom stuff, JerzeyReign.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »