Home

NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (JerzeyReign)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (JerzeyReign) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #49
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (JerzeyReign)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
JerzeyReign have you noticed an improvements on layups? The animation where so lazy and inapropriate in 2K12, you coudn't really penetrate and attack the rim with small guards as well as you could in 2K11 for example. What are your thoughts on that?
If you're around and have time to answer this JerzeyReign I'd be interested. And also another thing, have you seen any of theses scripted putbacks? I've never liked them in 2K12, are they still in the game? Or maybe they are but do they feel more natural by any chance?

Thank you.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #50
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
If you're around and have time to answer this JerzeyReign I'd be interested. And also another thing, have you seen any of theses scripted putbacks? I've never liked them in 2K12, are they still in the game? Or maybe they are but do they feel more natural by any chance?

Thank you.
I didn't get to dive deep into it because of the camera angle but from the layups I saw, whether they were done on purpose or automatic, they seemed to be more realistic. Like I didn't see any of those one handed "all momentum stopped out of nowhere" attempts -- all of them seemed to flow with the situation.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #51
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinc
Maybe it is worth it's own thread since it might get lost in here with impressions. Jerzey, thanks for the updates and stuff by the way.

Has 2k ever given a detailed explanation of the difference between camera relative vs absolute?

I always play Absolute for offense and defense and I "sort of" get it, but not entirely. I can tell the difference between camera relative and absolute (partly because of the menu glitch that sometimes moves all your settings around between games) when I end up on Camera Relative from time to time.

Like, is Absolute based on the Broadcast cam or 2k cam? Or is it something entirely different? I would love an extremely detailed explanation of Absolute vs Camera Relative. Seriously, explain it to me as in-depth as you can and like you would to a child.
Absolute means that when the ball is in the dribbler's right hand, moving the stick directly to the left is always a crossover, whether he's facing north, south, east, or west. When the option is set to camera-relative, the direction you need to move the RS to perform that same move depends on which way he's facing. If, onscreen, the dribbler is moving east (from the left side of the screen towards the right) and the ball is in his right hand, you would move the RS straight UP to perform a crossover.

It's a bit difficult to explain but play around in practice mode with both options and it should make more sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
...I didn't see any of those one handed "all momentum stopped out of nowhere" attempts -- all of them seemed to flow with the situation.
*fist pump*
Old 08-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I'm wondering about the passing also, this is the second or third time I think someone has mentioned the passing doesn't seem changed from 2K12, but Ronnie mentioned on one the 2K videos that passing has been fixed and we shouldn't see the slow lofty passes any more.
Yeahh... the passing for me havent change much.. they still have that ugly over the head pass tha rarelly happends in the real nba.... This over the head pass only happends when 1-when you inside the pain getting double team and need to reset the play or (kick the ball out of the pain) 2- the lob pass to the post player in the pain.. 3- when you inbound the ball from the sidelines.... I Have an Idea.. why instead on fixing the passing just give us full control of it... for example tap A - foward pass (chess Pass) Hold A- Lob pass most likely used to pass the ball in the pain or out of the pain... LT+A Bounce pass..Easy Right.... Problem solve...
THANK YOU..
Old 08-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #54

JerzeyReign's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Thanks for your vids and insights JR. Did you see any injuries? If so, did players still back away from them and stare like they had some highly contagious and deadly disease?
Sorry I missed this -- between preparing a video to answer all of the questions I've gotten on youtube, this one slipped by -- my bad. I thought I got to all of them since this thread faded to the second or third page.

No injuries seen but I hope they fixed the 'Ahh! Real Monsters!' approach the players have now. Gonna doubt it though since I didn't even see players going over to pick up fallen teammates. A lot of the after whistle things (injury reaction, teammates helping teammate up, and stopping after a foul) still look out of whack from the GC build.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:50 AM   #55
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Sorry I missed this -- between preparing a video to answer all of the questions I've gotten on youtube, this one slipped by -- my bad. I thought I got to all of them since this thread faded to the second or third page.

No injuries seen but I hope they fixed the 'Ahh! Real Monsters!' approach the players have now. Gonna doubt it though since I didn't even see players going over to pick up fallen teammates. A lot of the after whistle things (injury reaction, teammates helping teammate up, and stopping after a foul) still look out of whack from the GC build.
I think I forgot to ask you how the mid air collisions were, how would you judge the mid air collisions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 04:35 AM   #56

JerzeyReign's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I think I forgot to ask you how the mid air collisions were, how would you judge the mid air collisions?
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, I'll give it a 6.5-7. You still have those instances in which the offensive players looks undisturbed by the defensive player on some shot animations. In some cases, the defensive player will go flying while the offensive guy will still look pretty as he goes up for the bucket.

Edit: And now that I thought about it -- I think they 'look pretty' in those situations because their isn't an animation for it. Sounds reasonable, right?

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 08-21-2012 at 07:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »