Home

Players Worth "Resurrecting" in NBA 2K13?

This is a discussion on Players Worth "Resurrecting" in NBA 2K13? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #33
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Players Worth "Resurrecting" in NBA 2K13?

Aaron Brooks is not mentioned yet.

@Tyler Hansbrough doubters: Here are some of his creds at North Carolina:

• Became the first player in ACC history to earn first-team All-America and first-team All-ACC honors in each of his four seasons
  • The first player in ACC history to lead his school in both scoring and rebounding in each of his four seasons
  • Has 44 career double-doubles, 25 more than any active ACC player
  • Leads the ACC in scoring at 21.1 points a game
  • 4th in free throw percentage
  • 6th in offensive rebounds
  • 6th in field goal percentage
  • 7th in rebounding.
I really hope he starts fulfilling his potential in the future with the Pacers.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #34
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTeezy
Around the same time Brandon rush did lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc
Tyler Hansbrough had high potential? When?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Aaron Brooks is not mentioned yet.

@Tyler Hansbrough doubters: Here are some of his creds at North Carolina:

• Became the first player in ACC history to earn first-team All-America and first-team All-ACC honors in each of his four seasons
  • The first player in ACC history to lead his school in both scoring and rebounding in each of his four seasons
  • Has 44 career double-doubles, 25 more than any active ACC player
  • Leads the ACC in scoring at 21.1 points a game
  • 4th in free throw percentage
  • 6th in offensive rebounds
  • 6th in field goal percentage
  • 7th in rebounding.
I really hope he starts fulfilling his potential in the future with the Pacers.
Hansbrough starting alongside Hibbert was great during the '10-11 season and was expected to earn the spot as the starting 4 coming into the '11-'12 season.

He dominated the Knicks, he put up great numbers against Nuggets and Bulls and he played exceptionally well against a few other teams also. He has proven that when he gets minutes he produces. Per 36 min he's a 17 and 8 guy. Per 48 min he's a 22 and 11 guy.

Vs. the Bulls in '10-'11 he averaged 20.5 ppg and 7.5 rpg
Vs. the Nuggets in '10-'11 he averaged 23.5 ppg and 9.5 rpg
Vs. the Knicks in '10-'11 he averaged 24.3 ppg and 5 rpg

I like to take Hansbrough and get him the minutes he deserves and watch him put up numbers in association mode. I had him averaging 20 and 10 with the Bobcats by '15-'16 season in 2k12 and by the and he was the MIP player and an AllStar the year before.

Last edited by nova91; 08-19-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 12

I don't want to get into a big thing here about Hansbrough, but taking a few select instances where he played good doesn't translate to him being an awesome player. I use the word awesome because the following "per" numbers would reflect someone who is awesome, and if done for a long career, a hall of fame player.

You can say per 36 he's a 17/8 guy and per 48 he's a 22/11 guy, but those numbers are way to slanted to make any sense because when we hear those numbers are minds make the comparison to other guys normal averages and not their per 36 and per 48 numbers.

Also, I thought that he looked horrible during the playoffs against the Heat. I thought he made dumb mistakes and looked overwhelmed.

I'm not arguing against his college numbers, but we all know that college basketball isn't even close to NBA basketball. We could also look at someone like Bobby Hurley who set the NCAA record for career assists and then look what he did in the NBA. (I know he was in an automobile accident and that MIGHT have taken a little off his career, but not much) Bobby's per 36 average for his career was 10 points, 8 assists...that's not to far from Jason Kidd's per 36 of 13 points and 9 assists...That means Jason Kidd is only a little better then Bobby Hurley, right? Kidd's been kicking his xxx since 1993....

Long story short. Per 36 and 48 are fantasy numbers, give me real numbers. And college basketball is miles and miles away from NBA basketball, so much so that I can't even watch NCAA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis

Last edited by Mbalmer; 08-19-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #36
MVP

nova91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I don't want to get into a big thing here about Hansbrough, but taking a few select instances where he played good doesn't translate to him being an awesome player. I use the word awesome because the following "per" numbers would reflect someone who is awesome, and if done for a long career, a hall of fame player.

You can say per 36 he's a 17/8 guy and per 48 he's a 22/11 guy, but those numbers are way to slanted to make any sense because when we hear those numbers are minds make the comparison to other guys normal averages and not their per 36 and per 48 numbers.

Also, I thought that he looked horrible during the playoffs against the Heat. I thought he made dumb mistakes and looked overwhelmed.

I'm not arguing against his college numbers, but we all know that college basketball isn't even close to NBA basketball. We could also look at someone like Bobby Hurley who set the NCAA record for career assists and then look what he did in the NBA. (I know he was in an automobile accident and that MIGHT have taken a little off his career, but not much) Bobby's per 36 average for his career was 10 points, 8 assists...that's not to far from Jason Kidd's per 36 of 13 points and 9 assists...That means Jason Kidd is only a little better then Bobby Hurley, right? Kidd's been kicking his xxx since 1993....

Long story short. Per 36 and 48 are fantasy numbers, give me real numbers. And college basketball is miles and miles away from NBA basketball, so much so that I can't even watch NCAA.
I gave his per 36/48 numbers because he said potential. As a starter Hansbrough averaged 14 and 6. As a starter he would have been 2nd the team in scoring, rebounding, fg% and tied for 2nd in ORBs. Like I said when Hansbrough got his minutes he showed his potential. He outplayed the guys that started ahead of him in '10-'11 and was expected to earn the the spot at the 4 in '11-'12 the, they signed David West.

Josh McRoberts started 50 games in '10-'11 averaged 8 and 6. Per 36 he was 12 and 8.

Per 36 puts players on an even playing field when judging potential and production. Per 48 not so much.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #37
MVP

I thought Hansbrough was a great "college player" who would be a decent nba player when drafted. That was the concensus coming out of the draft.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #38
Rookie

Gatorfan Frank's Arena

OVR: 0

Pops Mensa-Bonsu, nuccah. Who else? Maybe Pape Sy...
Old 08-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

McGrady for me as well. Bring him to the Rockets along with Patty Mills (not a bust, but as an Aussie it's compulsory to have him). His slowness bugs me, but generally with Mills coming off the bench, he's fast enough to drive then dish to T-Mac for easy 3 pointers.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:24 AM   #40
Rookie

k1lo5's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by risinglotus
McGrady for me as well. Bring him to the Rockets along with Patty Mills (not a bust, but as an Aussie it's compulsory to have him). His slowness bugs me, but generally with Mills coming off the bench, he's fast enough to drive then dish to T-Mac for easy 3 pointers.
+1

He's much faster in real life for sure. Mills that is.

Might try get Vince Carter back into the 20+ point machine he used to be. Get him the Championship as well. As to who with??? no idea.

PSN - ITR_K1LO5
Twitter - @nba2kluc

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »