Home

Ways to make association mode better in NBA 2K13

This is a discussion on Ways to make association mode better in NBA 2K13 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

OVR: 20
Ways to make association mode better in NBA 2K13

I am going to be listing my ideas and you guys can always add suggestions.

* Major Problems:
Off-season Free Agency is not competitive. It says how many offers a player has received but there is no way to see what he has been offered. Make it so you can see the players current offers that way you can offer more money or less.

* Make it so each player has a certain characteristic such as Rain Man (player wants money, ex: Ben Gordon, David West, Kenyon Martin, etc), Organization (Good coach and good history), Ring Chaser (player will take less money to be on a contending team, ex: Derek Fisher, Tracy McGrady, Ray Allen, etc), I Know my role (even if this player has OVR he will accept being a 6th man or a role player, ex: Jason Terry, James Harden, Thaddeus Young, etc), Injury prone/IQ effect (It will lower how much you pay the player, ex: JaVale McGee, Jermaine O'Neal, etc) and Earn my stripes (a rookie will accept a bench warmer role if team has a veteran backup, ex: Nick Collision, Perry Jones III, OKC).

* Add amnesty clause, player option, early termination option and non-guaranteed contract.

* Team shouldn't waive players just b/c of OVR (ex: Steve Novak, Nick Collision, etc).

* Players do not retire with more than 2 yrs left on deal (ex: Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Steve Nash, etc). If they have 1 year left and its a player/team option then its okay.

* Minor:
Remove default suit, press conference picture nobody wears a dark orange dress shirt w/ a black suit and tie.

* Veteran players can be on D-League team.

* Teams can't waive a player w/ 2 or more years left on contract.

Last edited by Angel_G; 09-02-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Ways to make association mode better in NBA 2K13

These suggestions are probably better for NBA 2K14 as 2K13 is done- their basically putting the finishing touches and getting ready to ship it out.

Back to the topic however, I would love to see real life draft picks to be reflected on Association Mode. For example, the Magic now have future picks from the Lakers, 76ers & Nuggets. So it would be cool if this were to be reflected on Association Mode as well.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

I hate the fact that teams have a chance to re-sign their own players before they hit free agency. At least give me a chance to offer someone like Chris Paul a deal.

Also improve the logic for PO and TO, in what world would Diop turn down a 7.37 PO. Or why would Portland pick up the option on Thabeet's contract, he is last in their depth chart at C. It doesn't make sense for them to spend over 6 million on a 3rd string C.

I don't know if these two are allowed but the option to start off with realistic draft picks. So if you start with this on, a team like Orlando will have picks from other teams which they acquired via trade or you will see the Lakers with little to no picks because of picks they've traded away.

Same for amnesty provision, for the teams that haven't used their amnesty provision, they have the option to use it.

For trading they should add a fourth team and draft picks shouldn't count as one of the four spots. Should be able to trade four players. X amount of picks and for draft night you should be able to trade for a draft pick using cash consideration.

Rotation logic and player roles. I don't want to see 3 big frontcourts, only team I can recall doing that recently is Utah with Millsap, Favors and Jefferson. How minutes are distributed needs to change. No team consistently goes 12 deep. Depending on a players rating and performance maybe have him fall in or out of the rotation and then someone steps in and takes his roll.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #4
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
I hate the fact that teams have a chance to re-sign their own players before they hit free agency. At least give me a chance to offer someone like Chris Paul a deal.

Also improve the logic for PO and TO, in what world would Diop turn down a 7.37 PO. Or why would Portland pick up the option on Thabeet's contract, he is last in their depth chart at C. It doesn't make sense for them to spend over 6 million on a 3rd string C.

I don't know if these two are allowed but the option to start off with realistic draft picks. So if you start with this on, a team like Orlando will have picks from other teams which they acquired via trade or you will see the Lakers with little to no picks because of picks they've traded away.

Same for amnesty provision, for the teams that haven't used their amnesty provision, they have the option to use it.

For trading they should add a fourth team and draft picks shouldn't count as one of the four spots. Should be able to trade four players. X amount of picks and for draft night you should be able to trade for a draft pick using cash consideration.

Rotation logic and player roles. I don't want to see 3 big frontcourts, only team I can recall doing that recently is Utah with Millsap, Favors and Jefferson. How minutes are distributed needs to change. No team consistently goes 12 deep. Depending on a players rating and performance maybe have him fall in or out of the rotation and then someone steps in and takes his roll.
you can hate it all you like but thats how it works in the real NBA so its in the game.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:47 AM   #5
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
you can hate it all you like but thats how it works in the real NBA so its in the game.
Negotiations starts July 1st for everyone, and then its usually like 10 days before signings can be become official.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

One of the best suggestions I read on the site would be to have "team profiles" or "team strategies" for the AI GMs.

For example, you'd have things like...

1) Rebuilding Teams -- like the Bobcats or Magic, these teams would be reluctant to trade picks, even for established players. They'd emphasize youth and potential.

2) "Win Now" -- like the Knicks, these teams would try to sign big name players, even older ones, in order to get the strongest possible team.

This would prevent weird signings like the Bobcats signing Baron Davis to a long-term deal.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm going to say it in every Association related thread, for future games... And I apologise if it annoys people but it has to be done!

Create a Player!!!

This needs to be addressed asap! I lose interest and immersion when I see/look at the draft classes, or any created player in the game.
...we held several meetings to discuss the future of the franchise. After going through those meetings, it became very clear that the vision I had for the game was different from where the leadership wanted to take it. I parted ways with EA shortly after...
Old 09-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm going to hit the key notes that HAVE to be fixed!

-Amnesty clause needs to be added.

-Player roles need to be fixed or removed. (This kind of goes hand and hand with their progression system.

-Computer needs to handle rotations a little bit better. Usually ALL starters are averaging 32-36 min a game. Which don't help out bench players and I wouldn't even be mad if they increased star players to 36-40 min.

-Trading needs to happen less often and become more difficult.

-Potential is a killer in this game. It kills association for me. I have said before I wish they put in something similar to M12 where it's based upon player performance. The current system as is get's to many 90's from average players.

-Computer generated 2nd round picks are almost always in the 50's. (Please give an option to skip David Stern's speech.)

-Big man 3pt tendency issue needs to be fixed. Derrick Favors for some reason would increase his 3pt tendency up 7 every year and would not increase his mid-range tendency. His 3pt rating was not going up so why would his tendency.

-Free agency is not competitive. Players need to have more ways of choosing which team they want to play for. For example play for winner, the team that was a playoff team the year before. Play style the team's scheme fits what this player does best. Things like this would be awesome, and I know currently players do have ambitions but, they need to be emphasized more.

-I really would like a training camp, where I can find undrafted young talent. Just through like preseason games. These games computer would play young players more. Just like in real life.

-This will never happen it's a complete hope but.. I think when players injure something, an accessory should add automatically. So Deron Williams has a sprained ankle, he can play on it though... The CPU would automatically add the ankle brace. Haha I think it's way cool. But, a huge reach.

Well I'm super excited I hope they made some amazing changes since obviously I play extremely deep into my association, and would like a more realistic experience (mostly as far as potential and player development! I really want it fixed!!!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »