Home

Basketball Fundamentalists: What do you expect from 2K13?

This is a discussion on Basketball Fundamentalists: What do you expect from 2K13? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #9
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Basketball Fundamentalists: What do you expect from 2K13?

i expect quicker jumping animations from elite shot blockers to simulate ACTUAl NBA blocks where shots get taken out of the air

i expect dumb players to actually play like dumb players while expect smart players to make the better passes & decisions, players whose ratings arent killed because of their lack of athleticism & get taken out of the teams regular rotation (i.e. plaayers like Steve Novak, Kyle Korver & Matt Bonner)

i HOPE not expect for there to be a MUCH better way to factor & manage ALL teams rotations other than controlling all teams & for rotations not to be based SOLELY on overall ratings in which 2k over-inflates & ratings that are OVERLY-weighted in regard to their impact on overall rating (i.e. steals, speed, hands)
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #10
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4

Intelligent passing, shading, boxing out, defensive rotations, double-teams, and the pick and roll game -- I expect all these things to be improved in 2K13,
Old 09-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 33

I expect spacing, passing, plays execution and freelance runs to be better ... I would also love to be able to edit "everything" so we can mold what we see different from our perception of players, teams and the league in general.

Agreed with dessire of deny ball, rebounding/boxing out, double team logic and P&R logic to be also addressed/improved.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 09-12-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1
I expect a decent pick and roll. Effective and not overpowered, run with the same speed and decisiveness as in real life, and realistic defense to counter it.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

More than one way to play offense. Last year seamed like all the users and the cpu would drive and kick all day long. Teams should be able to win games playing different offenses. e.g. playing in the post wasn't as effective as drive and kick.

Speaking of different offenses pick and roll has to actually work this year. That ruined playing as the mid 90s jazz for me.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #14
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Better shot blocking....2k12 had the worst shot blocks ever. I was excited reading the insight last year on how defenders will aim at the ball when going for a block. Of course what we had instead were elbow and armpit blocks....

I'm still a bit skeptical this year even though we have an eraser skill. I would love to see a trailer/insight on defense and just showcase on what the defense can do this year.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

#1 Quicker and more responsive post up moves on offense. It feels like you have to predetermine what you're going to do and just pray it works instead of being able to react to the defense (i.e. they're doubling or trying to push you out)

#2 Fake pass out of the post that actually prevents the defender from getting back in time when combined with #1 above.

#3 better cutters when the ball is in the post (if your offense calls for that type of stuff)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

The most important thing by far to me: I want the game to force me to play with more than one player. If a guy shoots 45% from the floor in 20 shots in real life I expect that I'll not be able to shot 45% with 30 shots (in regular basis of course). I want the cpu to deny the ball to my hot player and relentless double team him in order to stop the scoring. A smart idea would be a system that the players get tired much more fast if you keep shooting with him or if that player is playing defense against a superstar.

Talking about defense, for Christ sake, if I am Lakers against Dallas, Shawn Marion has to guard Kobe and not World Peace just because he is a SF. This is just stupid. The Cpu has to put their best defense against my best offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »