Home

Let's try this again...buy it or no?

This is a discussion on Let's try this again...buy it or no? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Let's try this again...buy it or no?

Since my first thread got closed because they don't read the question fully before reacting....

I don't care about peoples impressions of the autosave issue and the no crew, etc...(yet we can have seemingly 300 threads about these topics and they remain open)

I just want peoples opinion on the game as a whole...buy it or not...i don't want to read 300 different people complain about 2 things that are missing

So HOPEFULLY this one can remain open...that way people that are on the fence and are coming here for a quick push one way or another can look at this thread and see that "20 people say buy it...5 people say don't buy it"...and then go with majority or minority if they choose.

This thread will be much more helpful to prospective buyers than the MULTIPLE autosave garbage threads that are cluttering the forum.

SO...can I get some simple buy it or don't buy it responses from my fellow OS users??

Thanks in advance MODERATOR for taking into account that some people don't want to read 100 pages of a thread all complaining about 1 or 2 aspects of the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Let's try this again...buy it or no?

Buy it, even if you're on the fence about it.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Good game ....if u played 2k11....you'll love it...
Old 10-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers=SuperBowl
Since my first thread got closed because they don't read the question fully before reacting....

I don't care about peoples impressions of the autosave issue and the no crew, etc...(yet we can have seemingly 300 threads about these topics and they remain open)

I just want peoples opinion on the game as a whole...buy it or not...i don't want to read 300 different people complain about 2 things that are missing

So HOPEFULLY this one can remain open...that way people that are on the fence and are coming here for a quick push one way or another can look at this thread and see that "20 people say buy it...5 people say don't buy it"...and then go with majority or minority if they choose.

This thread will be much more helpful to prospective buyers than the MULTIPLE autosave garbage threads that are cluttering the forum.

SO...can I get some simple buy it or don't buy it responses from my fellow OS users??

Thanks in advance MODERATOR for taking into account that some people don't want to read 100 pages of a thread all complaining about 1 or 2 aspects of the game

It would be nice to know some things about your preferences regarding basketball games and how you felt about previous installments. Maybe then someone could take a stab at advising you.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosstheriver
It would be nice to know some things about your preferences regarding basketball games and how you felt about previous installments. Maybe then someone could take a stab at advising you.
I like playing authentic basketball. Trying to keep games realistic...can't stand cheesing. I have never been that great at the ISOmotion controls. So my offense in the past versions has consisted alot of ball movement and some posting up.

I don't play alot of modes outside of Association in the past
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers=SuperBowl
I like playing authentic basketball. Trying to keep games realistic...can't stand cheesing. I have never been that great at the ISOmotion controls. So my offense in the past versions has consisted alot of ball movement and some posting up.

I don't play alot of modes outside of Association in the past
In my experience it has been a chore to get association to a realistic level. The other team seems to rarely run plays and the game feels really arcadey. However after some time messing with sliders, that mostly work, I've got the game to an acceptable level. I still feel 2k11 is a better game but 2k13 is worth buying if you don't have 2k12.

Or it might be advantageous for you to wait until black Friday and get it for $30
Old 10-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

The game is better than 2K12 and even slightliy better than 2K11.

Buy it! Best basketball game made so far.

Just read a couple of reviews then hop in your car and get it.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
Rookie

i disagree with the mods closing threads quite a bit (for the excat reasons you put forth in your last paragraph), but im with them on this.

various reviews on all kinds of different websites all over the internet are filled with opinions on "the game as a whole." go googling! : )

oh and i have a friend who said youtube was a place that helped him make up his mind (he ended up buying it.) gameplay videos of the various game modes and whatnot.

so if i were you id google a bunch of reviews and focus on the reviews from blogs and "lower tier" websites (not ign for example, even though they're a good site) in order to get more personal opinons.
then id get all up in youtube so i could see the same in action.
if i still couldn't decide at that point id go to Best Buy, WalMart or somewhere like that and play the game at one of those stations they have set up.

i would do all this because you're probably pretty smart, so you know they're probably just going to close this thread again.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »