Home

NBA 2K13 Bugs and Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Bugs and Glitches Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #169
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Bugs and Glitches Thread

First and foremost I'd like to say that overall this game is great. Aside from all the bugs/quirks/glitches and such I think they did a good job in terms of improving from the previous games. Although it does still have quite a few rough edges, I believe those can be worked out (hopefully soon).

The passing is great. Movement and overall gameplay is great. The new physics engine is great. I'm sure the developers likewise realize what aspects of the game are good, and which are flawed. Now I'm about to go into the flawed aspects.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats the bug?

Game freeze.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? (Gameplay, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....)

Gameplay/Quickplay/Online/Exhibition.

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?

I was playing as the OKC Thunder against Heat and when Ray Allen went up to shoot a quarter buzzer beater the game went into a "review last play" animation to determine whether it was a legitimate play or not. It didn't count (I think) and it when it went on to go to the next quarter it froze on a blank gray screen. I believe this happened during 2nd quarter going over to halftime. Heat home stadium.

How often can the bug be reproduced?

I did not attempt to reproduce the bug as it would be a difficult scenario to duplicate. However I'm confident that in these seldom scenarios it can recur. Please look into it.

Do you have video or pictures?

N/A.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats the bug?

Dunk glitch.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? (Gameplay, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....)

I was playing as the Lakers and my opponent was playing as the LA Clippers. My opponent dunked with Blake Griffin and while it clearly went in, they flagged it as out of bounds. This is flawed. And it seems to be an issue particularly linked with Blake Griffin. It hasn't happened to me with anyone else, but it may be an issue in the physics engine itself.

While it doesn't often occur, the issue in general is fairly common.

N/A.

Whats the bug?

Shooting flaws.

The shot system seems to have weird inconsistencies/delay. It takes more time than necessary to shoot. Everyone's release is longer than it should be. I'm not sure if the shot "flopping" animation is supposed to occur as often as it does, but when you shoot it often makes the players legs kick out.

Notably on HoF mode and higher levels of difficulty, the longer the release seems to be. Shooting seems to be severely flawed in the HoF stage of difficulty. When I'm on practice mode shooting simple jump shots I'm not able to knock down shots on a consistent basis despite the quality of the release. This seriously needs to be fixed since it's directly affecting the actual gameplay itself.

This issue is ubiquitous. It's everywhere.

N/A.

Whats the bug?

Practice flaw.

This happened in freeplay/freestyle practice mode. This isn't a bug or glitch per say but in practice mode it doesn't give you feedback on your release so as a result there is no way to hone a player's release except guessing based on timing.

All the time.

N/A.

I will post more as they come as I will be experimenting with the game for the next few days.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #170
Just started!

NBA 2K13 IS AWESOME!!! JUST ONE QUESTION.... I have noticed when Jordan dunks, he longer has his tongue out? has anyone noticed this? did 2k take that away?
Old 10-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #171
Banned

Sorry for the double post, but does anyone have a more reliable way of getting the word out to 2Ksports or the developers?

These are pretty significant issues to go without notice and I'm really wanting these to be fixed ASAP.

Regards, Stalkerxx.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #172
Just started!

REFS TAKE like 20 seconds to inbound the ball after team scores.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #173
Just started!

Whats the bug?
I dont know if this is me being stupid or if anyone else is having this problem but the annoucers only call me by my nickname and this is frustrating to me as it takes away from the realism and i cant find a way to take it off.

Mycareer

It is like this every game

See Above

No
Old 10-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #174
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3

Whats the bug?
In MYCAREER, when you wear an editted shoe that has a "team color" (primary or secondary) anywhere on that shoe, it stays as the grey or blue instead of actually changing to the color of the team you're on. I did Jordan XI's and I put them on players outside of MyCAREER and the colors work fine, that's why I think its a bug. And also socks don't get changed colors. My team wears black socks on the road but I still wear white. I look stupid haha

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in?
(Gameplay, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....)
MyCAREER

It's a permanent issue.

It is permanent so far.

Yes 20121003_145613.jpg

PSN: TheDom45
Old 10-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #175
Rookie

What's the Bug?
This is for the PC version. The instant replay's are bugged.. they cut out after about 1-2 seconds. The Sprite Uncontainable Game is also broken it shows the wrong team sometimes, and also cuts out after less than half way through.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in?
Association Mode

Whenever there's an instant replay

about 65% of the time it is bugged.. The Uncontainable Game Report is every time so far.

Do you have any videos or pictures?
Not yet stay posted.

The other thing I would like is for the promised MyTeam to be added to the PC. It was never said that it wouldn't be, and it was half the reason I purchased this years title. I'm not the only one if you search other forums that is very upset with this. Maybe you can refund my PC one and give me a 360 for the same price since you are the ones that did not say MyTeam would be opped out of the PC version :-/

Will update if/when I find more buggers...

Last edited by Zophis; 10-03-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by citronx71
yes i am . why does that matter?
You might need to get a harddrive with more memory space. I don't think what you have now 4Gb is enough...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »