Home

Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #969
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

It's only on PRO.. even if I ballhog and try to score a ton neither of my created players gets around the 3 guys after a screen to get to the guy they switch me guarding. Too many times also the guy I'm defending in the open court just runs past my defense to catch a pass for an easy layup also. Can't really improve the attributes when I can't get enough skill points with lack of team defense.

so far at Boston, the 76ers are winning 44-36 in the 2nd quarter.. played 11 minutes so far midway through the 2nd.. I've passed the ball to the scorer almost every time.. yet he either misses the first shot and puts back his rebound.. or dribbles under the basket so I still can't get any skill points for an assist.

Never really had problems in 2k12 with getting a B grade

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 10-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #970
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnydot
This needs to be a sticky.

Relatively new to these boards... What does this mean?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #971
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

I just lost an entire grade in 2 possessions from B- to C-.. defensive to offensive.. Rondo makes a layup with me trying to block it, which used to be credited with a defensive bonus, then Evan Turner is wide open and my pass has to guys run down and tip it away.. 7 points 2 assists 2 turnovers 3/5 shooting and I'm winning my 'matchup' yet have 0 skill points to show for it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #972
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

I just QUIT a game the 76ers were going to WIN vs the Celtics.. with 24 seconds left I got subbed back in with a C- grade still. that went to a D about 4 seconds later after yet another layup against my SG after the inbound pass. No way I can transition quick enough to keep up with those bursts that are killing any chance at building my player's attributes since it takes all the skill points away

Old 10-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #973
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhohn160
Relatively new to these boards... What does this mean?
It means they put it up on top of the boards so it never moves up and down. It's "stuck" to the very top of the forum. Look at the top of the message board with all the threads. You'll see the word "Sticky" next to a few of the threads.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #974
Rookie

OVR: 0

got this cool endorsement earlier today:

i like to use dream team player names that don't have too many records (so it's easy to tell if i broke the record) because i know the announcers will say their name.

plus i still can't start. i'm on the knicks and delonte west is the starting pg (lol kidd got traded) and my overall is better than his and shumps. aside from that my twitter feed is messed up and bucks fans are trying to say they won the previous game and that they are better off with me not on their team (funny 'cause i've only been on the kings and knicks).

Last edited by ryantheplague; 10-12-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #975
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
I just QUIT a game the 76ers were going to WIN vs the Celtics.. with 24 seconds left I got subbed back in with a C- grade still. that went to a D about 4 seconds later after yet another layup against my SG after the inbound pass. No way I can transition quick enough to keep up with those bursts that are killing any chance at building my player's attributes since it takes all the skill points away
Backup stop guarding so close if u don't have the foot speed to keep up.. And if he drives u just stay in front of to cause the contact animation which usually leads to a miss shot.

As for your skill points ball out man .. To many people get caught up in OVR stats early in there career. Just score man and after u do that score some more . Worry about ast and Rebs when ur attributes go up.
MLB: New York Yankees

Last edited by Scoop 24; 10-12-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #976
Rookie

basketball444's Arena

OVR: 1

Someone please help. I loaded my Mycareer today and now it says I have to use skill points?? It's not letting my use my VC. I have been using VC up until this point, how can I change it back?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »