Home

Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #481
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

So I guess some of my post game antics (don't really get what some of the answers mean until my dude elaborates after picking and is the exact opposite of what i wanted) are the reason I am not being traded. The GM told me when he finds a team who will take my attitude that I will be traded :\
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #482
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukyfied
Sorry for the confusion

I want to be on the knicks in my career mode
I am a Shooting Guard

First time I made my shooting guard, I quickly spent 1000 vc to buff him up a little.

I was drafted to the Bucks. After 5 games I requested to be traded to the Knicks. Instead, they traded me to the Nets.

I did not want to play with the Nets, so I simmulated to the next key game. After playing with the nets for 10-15 games (there arent a lot of key games) I requested to be traded to the Knicks. I ended up with the Jazz. By the time I ended up on the Jazz, it was past the trade deadline. Again, I simulated until I was traded.

I decided to restart my career. I also changed the current roster before restarting MyCareer Mode. I cut ronnie brewer to make more space on the Knicks for another SG.

Second time around, I was drafted to Memphis. After 5 games i asked to be traded to the Knicks.

I ended up in Miami.

Now I am playing for Miami. I bought a few VC just so that I can be more productive. Now I occasionally talk to my GM and request for a trade just so that I can see if the Knicks are interested in me. If they are not, I simply decline the trade and continue playing for the Knicks.

Has this happened to anyone else? If you have requested to be traded to a team, did you end up with the team you wanted?
Thanks dude for clearing that up. Now I see how you've been getting screwed by GMs. So far I tried getting traded once and it worked out as I requested. (From Portland to Miami)

I was lucky. When I was asking for the trade, one of the two teams who were interested in me was Miami. I put Miami as my first choice and it worked out.

Just to let you know, I wasn't 100% sure if I wanted to get traded to Miami after I made the trade request. So I had a GM seatdown to cancel the request but he said it's too late and I have to leave Portland... I don't know if this had anything to do with the outcome. Also during the season I always complained about the Portland coach and team mates. They kinda wanted me out from there. LOL.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #483
Rookie

OVR: 1

I started my career today. A 7'0 athletic SF and I have a question. Is it possible to start my career with a high rating, like before I actually get drafted like Ronnie2k? Sorry in advance if someone already answered question.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #484
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebfan4
I started my career today. A 7'0 athletic SF and I have a question. Is it possible to start my career with a high rating, like before I actually get drafted like Ronnie2k? Sorry in advance if someone already answered question.
Nope you have to improve your rating by upgrading your skills. Which you can do via drills and VC.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #485
Rookie

Okay thanks, it's been bugging me all day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #486
Rookie

yevinorion's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebfan4
Okay thanks, it's been bugging me all day.
The only way to start with higher ratings is to buy accessories with boosts or buy one of the jewelry packages.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #487
Rookie

OVR: 6

I started My Career this morning with my 6'1 180lb scoring point guard: J.J. "Miracle Man" Miles. I chose scoring so I could get some points without relying on going into the lane. I also have shot release 72 and jump shot 15 which is a very nice one for anyone looking for a jump shot (I think it's rather T-Mac like).

I went in to the rookie showcase hoping to be drafted by a team like the Trail Blazers or Hornets.

In the showcase I ended up with 22 points on 11 of 16 shooting with 5 rebounds, 13 assists and 3 steals to get player of the game.

I was interviewed by the Cavs (didn't want to go there), the Kings (I realised during that I would really enjoy going there playing with Tyreke) and the Trail Blazers (one of my top teams to go to).

I messed up the interview with Cavs purposely and then I accidentally did the same in the Kings interview when I said I wanted money, but I nailed the Portland interview and got drafted to them at the 6th spot.

I then bought Steve Nash's free throw and will buy some pre game rituals when I get some more VC.

I will be looking to upgrade my on ball defense, speed, quickness and steal first.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #488
Rookie

OVR: 0

Really annoyed with the fact that you can't wear team shoes, and your socks are only white... Seriously, I like matching with my team, why am I the only guy on my time wearing white socks when we're away?

And how good does your dunk rating have to be to dunk? My guy's a 6'2" all-around PG and I just got him to 40 dunking, which lets me pick dunk packages, but he still can't dunk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »