Home

Play vision ?

This is a discussion on Play vision ? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #33
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21
So wait?? You guys are talking about the my player mode?? Because plays work for me in quick play mode. I never use my player mode. Also did you guys try setting the play calling to auto instead of manual?

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 10-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #34
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
So wait?? You guys are talking about the my player mode?? Because plays work for me in quick play mode. I never use my player mode. Also did you guys try setting the play calling to auto instead of manual?
The thing is complicated.
Playvision works buy run plays does not. That means the CPU will never call a play in my player mode so if you are not the point guard the CPU will never call a play for you or your team.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 10-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Play vision ?

I redboxed 2k13 to check out revamped gameplay and myplayer, and really liked it until the second career game (I feel like rookie showcase is always haphazard playcall wise). I didn't notice the playcalling glitch in the first game either, but it was glaringly obvious by the second game. Then myplayer became a miserable slog of clunky streetball that I didn't enjoy at all. Googling clued me in on what's up, so I just returned it same day. Hopefully a patch will fix the mode, as I loved it in 11/12.

On a side note, I really enjoyed what seemed like smarter AI, but I can't be sure. Anyone else notice this? I couldn't be sure because I noticed more than once that it defaulted to the highest difficulty mode in MySettings, so I'm wondering if that's what the "smarter AI" was.

I wonder if this total lack of polish is the price we pay for no competitor to the throne.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree, I can't even think of a reasonable excuse as to why something like THIS goes unnoticed other than just outright "they didn't give a f***" but WHHHHYYYYY when MyPlayer/Career was such a big focus this year.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #37
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

OVR: 5

This is horrible definitely makes my player mode unplayable for me. Trying to freelance through a whole season is not the way I want to play. Looks like I will try to focus on other modes until they fix this. Like many others have said, how in the heck did they not notice this. What kind of testing do they do on their games. I love 2k, but I can only shake my head at this.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Since they let the scoreboard issue make it into retail version... 2K is just amateurish when it comes to finish and polish their games. It's sad but it just doesn't surprise me anymore.
Something definitely stinks with their QA. Not that their QA guys stink. But they need more testers or something, because huge, easily noticed issues are slipping through the cracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Yeah exactly. I've tried both on and off with my SG and it doesn't show up.
They did release a patch for that though. They really need to do that this year to ASAP!
It's like patch fixes don't end up in mainline code at 2K. AI didn't box out in 2K11, but it was fixed in a patch. The fix was left out of 2K12's release, and now 2K13's.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-05-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:35 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

"So what kinda glitches can we expect not to get fixed in this mode this time? Ridiculous trades? Roster lineups being all jacked up because the A.I don't know how to prioritize players positions? Draft glitches like the same teams picking in the same order every year? Just a question before we all get excited about a game mode that will have an issue that makes it unplayable till late nov."

Said this back in the MyCareer Developer Insight video. How far is everyone into their season?? Anybody see any weird glitches like unrealistic trades yet? I'm almost afraid of the crap that most likely awaits me in the offseason. :
Old 10-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger80
Said this back in the MyCareer Developer Insight video. How far is everyone into their season?? Anybody see any weird glitches like unrealistic trades yet? I'm almost afraid of the crap that most likely awaits me in the offseason. :

No crazy trades in mine, my whole team is still intact, except for a trade i told the GM to make (jeremy lin for Thomas Robinson, straight up, Im a PG). Im in January and there has only been maybe 7 trades around the league, all minor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »