Home

Here's how they really can improve 2K

This is a discussion on Here's how they really can improve 2K within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Here's how they really can improve 2K

I hope they read this post and take my opinion and place it in 2k14. To me I think the attributes & ratings are too high to begin with. The scale is just high and the bar needs to be lowered drastically. Giving Lebron a 99rating is ridiculous I know he's the MVP but c'mon. I think the game would play more realistic if the game made it harder to score. To me the game play is great, but the ratings makes the game feel & play unrealistic. Giving guys high 90's for certain attributes is a bit too much, like your teacher grades on the curve to help out the slower kids, 2K needs to do the same. For example let's look at King James ( in parenthesis is what I think the rating should be)

Lebron ratings

OVR -99 (90)
INS. -99 (90)
CLO. -92 (83)
MID - 85 (76)
3PT -77 (68)

Now if you dropped all those buy 9 and did that to every player in the game, imagine how real the game would play. You can still have the Signature Skills, the elite players will still be good & the scrubs will be scrubs. 3pters won't be so rampant, with guys shooting 30-40 a game. The post play won't be so easy to score since guys would miss more. Open shots would fall a little less and so on. The goal being a good night is 55% from the field instead of the 60-70% like we normally see from a good user or even a novice who just has an elite team, taking bad shots that go in.

I know the game was made easy for the newbies, but the realism is gone. Instead of guys playing sim basketball, there trying to trigger the Signature Skills to go off. It's a nice addition, but if I know KD has a Shot Creator & has a 92 mid range I'm shooting leaners, step-backs & hop shots all day for the simple fact it will go in at a high rate. But if KD's mid was lowered to 83 it will still go in, but not at a high%.

Of course the ratings will still be argued about, he deserves this and so & so deserves that. But the game play will be more enjoyable. I just feel the whole ratings thing needs to be redone. Players are just too overrated in 2K, and it needs to be addressed. If this was done I think guys wouldn't mess with the sliders so much looking to get a more realistic game. To me it's not the sliders that causes it, it's the ratings.

Would like to hear from the rest of the community on this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (217.0 KB, 114 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Here's how they really can improve 2K

If LeBron is shooting 41 % from the 3pt line, WHY would he earn 68 rating for 3pt? Your logic is flawed.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 23

If anyone deserves 99 overall its LeBron...

That being said...

If you lower everyone's ratings by (insert value here) across the board, what would that change? essentially, that would give you the same "ratings" that you're getting now... LeBron would still be the best player in the game

psn - CeeGee
Old 05-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
If anyone deserves 99 overall its LeBron...

That being said...

If you lower everyone's ratings by (insert value here) across the board, what would that change? essentially, that would give you the same "ratings" that you're getting now... LeBron would still be the best player in the game
That's my point but his FG% as well as for the team won't be so sky high. You'll still get the same results, but the game stats will be more realistic.

And for the 8KB24 it wouldn't be flawed because he still can make threes, just not at a high clip if you was to jack up 10 3pters with him he'll hit 4 instead of 7 or 8. You thinking of the ratings as it is now, I'm talking lowering the entire scale. Meaning the bar is lowered. Think about it Novak has a higher 3pt rating than Melo. But guys jack up more 3's with Melo than Novak. We all notice guys with higher OVR ratings makes more 3's than guys with lower OVR ratings, but have a higher 3pt rating. So don't get it confused LBJ will still make 3pters.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitolrf
That's my point but his FG% as well as for the team won't be so sky high. You'll still get the same results, but the game stats will be more realistic.
lebron shoots 55% or so FG and 41% 3pt in the season, a good roster creator and even myself can get those #'s to match.

lowing his ratings from where they should be would make him shoot 40% FG and 30% 3pt.

if you give someone a 68 3pt rating in this game you will be lucky to even make a 3 regardless of how many you take....

your solution to 2k's rating issue makes even more problems, when the real solution is to get someone who actually knows basketball to do ratings

Quote:
We all notice guys with higher OVR ratings makes more 3's than guys with lower OVR ratings, but have a higher 3pt rating. .

this is the worst thing i've read when it comes to roster complaints.

please tell me why my 92 overall rondo goes 1-10 on 3's but a 60 overall korver goes 4-10 if this is true....

Last edited by turty11; 05-09-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Let's be more realistic at least pick a person who can actually hit a 3pter before comparing Rondo to Korver, which is just making a mockery of the point of the post.

Your also not taking in the account of the Signatures in the game. I've made more three's with Wall when had a 60 rating for 3pters. So i know a 68 is justifiable I can go 3-8 (37%) with his 72 3pt rating now
Old 05-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
And for the 8KB24 it wouldn't be flawed because he still can make threes, just not at a high clip if you was to jack up 10 3pters with him he'll hit 4 instead of 7 or 8. You thinking of the ratings as it is now, I'm talking lowering the entire scale. Meaning the bar is lowered. Think about it Novak has a higher 3pt rating than Melo. But guys jack up more 3's with Melo than Novak. We all notice guys with higher OVR ratings makes more 3's than guys with lower OVR ratings, but have a higher 3pt rating. So don't get it confused LBJ will still make 3pters.
It would. Because 68 rating for 3PT translates to roughly 30 % from 3pt line in sim engine. He deserves 80 for 3PT. With right tendencies LeBron will not shoot 10 3 pointers per game and thus have realistic FG %. He gets most of his buckets from close to basket and then at mid range and open 3 pointers. Kobe deserves 99 for both close and inside but 80(or sth like that, can't remember) and 73 for 3pt. With flawed tendencies he will shoot 60 & from the field. But with right tendencies he will get most of his points from close and mid range and then 3pt and inside. And shoot 46 %.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
It would. Because 68 rating for 3PT translates to roughly 30 % from 3pt line in sim engine. He deserves 80 for 3PT. With right tendencies LeBron will not shoot 10 3 pointers per game and thus have realistic FG %. He gets most of his buckets from close to basket and then at mid range and open 3 pointers. Kobe deserves 99 for both close and inside but 80(or sth like that, can't remember) and 73 for 3pt. With flawed tendencies he will shoot 60 & from the field. But with right tendencies he will get most of his points from close and mid range and then 3pt and inside. And shoot 46 %.
What tendency settings do you suggest?

I like how the game plays, but I'm always looking for ways to make it better

psn - CeeGee

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »