Home

What is the best way to earn VC points on 2K13?

This is a discussion on What is the best way to earn VC points on 2K13? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #337
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: What is the best way to earn VC points on 2K13?

So when you play association, you get 0 VC whatsoever?

If this is true, why would they give you VC when you play just a quick game but none for association? I don't get that logic. I like the association mode, I spend most of my time playing it so it would be nice to get some VC for it.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #338
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24
Just earned almost 1k using the MyNBA2K app..
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 10-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #339
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbball04
if only i can hire someone to sit at home all day and farm VC for me.. haha
Seriously. I thought I was playing a sim basketball game not World of Warcraft, but this is what it is coming to.

This VC crap is ruining the franchise that I have been enjoying for over 10 years now since the original game on Dreamcast.

It is a shame that 2K can instantly fix a glitch that was discovered week 1 that allows players to get slightly less VC than they "should" be getting, but they put the game out with a broken MyCareer play calling system that was already working last year, making the mode unplayable for many people.

There is NO WAY that not one person in development and testing didn't realize that play calling wasn't working, yet they choose to fix a small glitch that allows a small amount of players to get more VC, but they can't fix a HUGE error in possibly the premier mode of the game, which many people, including me purchased the game for.

It has become apparant that with no more competition 2K is quickly shifting from the underdog that consistently puts out the better games over the sub par competition whose main goal is to squeeze as much money out of its fans rather than make good products (EA Sports), to becoming that themselves.

2K's answer to "The best way to earn VC points in 2K13" is to buy it with your real money! That is obvious. That is why they tied VC to every mode in the game, why they allow players to be purchased in MyTeam which goes against the purpose of the mode, why you have to pay for a headband in MyCareer, why it takes so long to earn VC in every game mode, and why they can fix a loophole to earning VC instantly, but can't fix the things that fans and customers who have paid for the game are asking for daily.

This is a big step towards the monopolization of aspects of the franchise that have never before been monetized and will shape the way the game goes in the future. If 2K can make money in the fashion they have started with NBA 2K13, they will continue to do this in the future, and ramp it up even more to the point where you have to spend more money on top of the $60 you paid to get the game just to enjoy the individual modes the way they have been enjoyed in previous years, which we are already seeing now.

The game has been out for only a few days now and I am already tired of it while I played 2K12 the whole year last year. MyCareer is useless to me because the play calling is broken, and every game in MyTeam is against players with Rose, Lebron, and Dwight Howard on their team who run around, jiggle the right stick, run in the pain, and chuck up crap that goes in because my team is filled with bums and the one semi decent player I earned from playing the mode the way it "should" be played.

The only reason I haven't traded in this game already is because I have been a loyal fan to the franchise from day 1 since it has been consistently been better than the competition and enjoyable to me, but that is no longer the case at this time, and although paying a few real dollars for VC may make the game more enjoyably, I REFUSE to do that since I should NEVER have to pay EXTRA money on top of the $60 I bought the game for just to enjoy the product I have now.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #340
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
Seriously. I thought I was playing a sim basketball game not World of Warcraft, but this is what it is coming to.

This VC crap is ruining the franchise that I have been enjoying for over 10 years now since the original game on Dreamcast.

It is a shame that 2K can instantly fix a glitch that was discovered week 1 that allows players to get slightly less VC than they "should" be getting, but they put the game out with a broken MyCareer play calling system that was already working last year, making the mode unplayable for many people.

There is NO WAY that not one person in development and testing didn't realize that play calling wasn't working, yet they choose to fix a small glitch that allows a small amount of players to get more VC, but they can't fix a HUGE error in possibly the premier mode of the game, which many people, including me purchased the game for.

It has become apparant that with no more competition 2K is quickly shifting from the underdog that consistently puts out the better games over the sub par competition whose main goal is to squeeze as much money out of its fans rather than make good products (EA Sports), to becoming that themselves.

2K's answer to "The best way to earn VC points in 2K13" is to buy it with your real money! That is obvious. That is why they tied VC to every mode in the game, why they allow players to be purchased in MyTeam which goes against the purpose of the mode, why you have to pay for a headband in MyCareer, why it takes so long to earn VC in every game mode, and why they can fix a loophole to earning VC instantly, but can't fix the things that fans and customers who have paid for the game are asking for daily.

This is a big step towards the monopolization of aspects of the franchise that have never before been monetized and will shape the way the game goes in the future. If 2K can make money in the fashion they have started with NBA 2K13, they will continue to do this in the future, and ramp it up even more to the point where you have to spend more money on top of the $60 you paid to get the game just to enjoy the individual modes the way they have been enjoyed in previous years, which we are already seeing now.

The game has been out for only a few days now and I am already tired of it while I played 2K12 the whole year last year. MyCareer is useless to me because the play calling is broken, and every game in MyTeam is against players with Rose, Lebron, and Dwight Howard on their team who run around, jiggle the right stick, run in the pain, and chuck up crap that goes in because my team is filled with bums and the one semi decent player I earned from playing the mode the way it "should" be played.

The only reason I haven't traded in this game already is because I have been a loyal fan to the franchise from day 1 since it has been consistently been better than the competition and enjoyable to me, but that is no longer the case at this time, and although paying a few real dollars for VC may make the game more enjoyably, I REFUSE to do that since I should NEVER have to pay EXTRA money on top of the $60 I bought the game for just to enjoy the product I have now.

Really wish the 2k developers could read your post.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #341
MVP

OVR: 16

Want to fall asleep? HOF 12 min quarters coach mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #342
Pro

OVR: 11

Agreed, I wish I could just play MyPlayer again and get +2000 skill points because I played a great game (and over 4000 for a key game) and easily upgrade my medium shot with 5 points and then do a drill and improve it again with 2 points.

You get paid literally nothing in MyCareer nowadays, such a shame.

So sad that they ruined this. I haven't even been able to join this game because I'm waiting for a patch and I'm just trying to get VC using the coach mode.

It so ridiculous I'm even doing this. Feels like I have to spend time playing Mycareer because I like the mode and then I have to do this coach mode so I can actually improve my MP. It's also way too easy to improve your player from the get go. Farm 20K VC and use it on your rookie player and he's easily a 88 overall after 5 games (check out Chris Smoove).

I would love to talk to the people at 2k. Ask them why they didn't notice certain issues/bugs/glitches and why they found it necessary to get rid of real contracts and ruin the game and the mode with VC.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #343
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by demfl
Really wish the 2k developers could read your post.
I wish so as well since I would love the game to be as good as it should and could be for the fans and paying customer who have supported the game for many years.

It just funny to me knowing what I know of product marketing show up in this setting, and sad to know that at least some of those things had to have been proposed, discussed, and agreed upon in order to be implemented in the fashion they are now with the knowledge that fan's and loyal customer's enjoyment and satisfaction with the product would be adversely affected by those decisions.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #344
Banned

OVR: 4

People are never gonna realize it's not just the monopolization of video games, it's the monopolization and money whoring of everything. I mean It doesn't really bother me that much that I have to play quick games to get v.c not a big deal. The gameplay is phenomenal and I use those games to learn the plays (as well as practice mode) and I run those plays as a point guard in mycareer and i know what everyone is supposed to do. Just gotta roll with the punches.

It's the same thing in regular sports, look we have no nhl, I live in Orlando and they block out Tampa Bay Bucs games because they don't sell out, so we can't even watch their crappy product on the field. The NBA just had a lockout, the NFL just had a lockout. Baseball refuses to fix their broken system of allowing humans to make errors and bad judgement by just adding some more technology, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US! THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY. Until people realize that nothing will change.

I have a Madden 2013 boycott page on facebook (just look it up can't put links on here) It actually really gained steam after the game came out but PEOPLE STILL BOUGHT THE SAME CRAPPY PRODUCT MADDEN PUTS OUT EVERY YEAR! So it doesn't matter, the powers that be know no one will change and actually make the effort on anything so it's pointless crying on boards. The only way you can hurt them is in the pockets.. and if v.c makes you that angry.. then let's start a boycott to not buy next year's game! I mean this year is the most it's ever sold in one week EVER! You think they are gonna stop??? The answer is hell no!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »