Home

Shot Release bug/ issue!

This is a discussion on Shot Release bug/ issue! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8
Shot Release bug/ issue!

I have jumpshot feedback on in my online head to head games against random opponents, and it seems like every shot I shoot I shoot it too early. So I tried just pushing down the x button until it shot on its own and it still said that I released it too early, when in actuality it should have said I shot it too late since i never even released the button. Whats up with this? Has this been brought to 2K's attention?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 04:58 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Shot Release bug/ issue!

It is not a bug, generally shot releases take longer this year and the "Green" window seems shorter, that's all, I love it by the way...

Cheers! ;-)
Old 10-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltranite
I have jumpshot feedback on in my online head to head games against random opponents, and it seems like every shot I shoot I shoot it too early. So I tried just pushing down the x button until it shot on its own and it still said that I released it too early, when in actuality it should have said I shot it too late since i never even released the button. Whats up with this? Has this been brought to 2K's attention?
I know how you feel. Going from 2k12 using the shot stick to 2k13 using button press shooting didn't bother me too much. But just how long it takes to get a good shot release is ridiculous! Iv'e got JJ Redick on my MyTeam and it seems as if I have to hold down X for 3 seconds and then still 90% of the time it's a bad release!

On Pro difficulty on 2k12 I never had any shot release problems (apart from Lin's ) so I don't understand why they have changed it so much?
Old 10-05-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

Oh and I don't know if this is a related issue or not but the All Star Weekend 3-Point Shootout is also very clunky and just not smooth at all. Trying to build a rhythm is very hard as sometimes I will press X, and the player won't even begin his shooting motion (Yes I make sure to pick the ball up first).
Old 10-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
Rookie

yah, i hate the new release, you need to tick the rs for around 2-3 secs, specially coming from 2k11 where release is quick or rather fast. anyway i'll definitely adapt this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

Whenever you shoot a jumpshot look for the light that flash under the player when they are shooting. That is your que to release the shot.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
Whenever you shoot a jumpshot look for the light that flash under the player when they are shooting. That is your que to release the shot.
doesnt seem consistent to me
Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

shot releases are absolutely wrong

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »