Home

MAJOR Defensive Issues In This Game

This is a discussion on MAJOR Defensive Issues In This Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #41
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MAJOR Defensive Issues In This Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecast
Man, I´m having so much fun reading this thread. I remember when the demo came out everybody was talking about how much the gameplay has become better and now people are complaining and saying how the game has failed so badly and pondering about picking up NBA 2k12, which was, by the way, in many people`s opinion, an epic fail.
What a mess, guys... You are never satisfied with anything. Next year you`ll all complain about the gameplay once again.
I enjoyed 2K12 a lot. For me this is the best game in the series. Haven`t tried 2k13 yet, but I`ll in the coming days.
People on the internet complained last year so it must be the same people complaining now. Perfect logic. The gameplay has a few glaring issues right now. There's no way around it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #42
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze412
I love 2k13 and I feel like it is a major improvement in alot of areas from 2k12. However, Defense was clearly not a focus like they said it would be this year. On-Ball D was improved slightly, yes. But there is HARDLY ANY contact at all during dunks or layups under the rim. This is the biggest flaw in the entire game to me. Shot blockers and great defensive big man are just about useless because no matter how good they are at blocking shots, once the dunk Animation has started, it no longer matters what the defender does. I have dunked all over guys like Javelle McGee and Tyson Chandler with PGs like Ty Lawson or Jeff Teague. This needs to be fixed immediately. Even if they have to go back to the canned animation blocks that were in 2k12; some contact is better than none!

Also, why are players with mediocre inside ratings that are undersized, able to go in and make every single layup underneath the rim. There should never be a time where I can go up at the same time with a 6 FT point guard against a 7 footer and get an easy bucket with no contact at all. Cheap buckets like this truly take the competition out of online play.
Yes my thoughts exactly! I cant Block anything I play offline on HOF cpu just gets in the paint and goes to work everytime its crazy.....I pride myself on defense and just cant seem to stop anything this year.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

I guess it depends on the game mode you prefer and if your a MyCareer guy and play on any difficulty with casual or simulation when both teams are shooting over 50% throughout the entire game and end up with triple digit scores EVERY GAME I think it's pretty obvious there's a problem here. And for me anyway it is a MAJOR issue.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:22 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
This game need a real physics engine instead of physics that chooses animations. Way to much of players going through everything in this game and as good as this game is I find myself still waiting till b-ball get real physics like Fifa, NHL, or madden.

and this could be done with a patch or we need to wait next year?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #45
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Actually, defensively the demo is much better than the retail game. The contact was better, fouls called was better, stealing wasn't as easy as it is now and threes didn't fall with defenders in your face at an alarming rate. As of now ill take the demo over the retail.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #46
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
This entire game needs fixing. The defensive play is so bad, you can't even stay infront of your mad it is so easy to go around him. It is incredibly frustrating to play.

I am thinking about picking up NBA 2K11 or 2K12 on the PC, see if any mods can update those games a bit. NBA 2K13 has been an epic fail so far.
I can understand players hitting shots in your face, even though they dialed it down this year it's still an issue....but not being able to stay in front of your man is user error.

Going back to 2k12 of all games because you can't stay in front of your man is hilarious...
Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 25

Man, you complainers just want a game to your liking. Won't happen. Unless you make it yourself. Start enjoying this game.

Playing defense in this game is just fun to me. Oh and I can do it.

Online ruins the experience for you. Different ppl online have different skills. Instead of having fun you complain when you lose.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Actually, defensively the demo is much better than the retail game. The contact was better, fouls called was better, stealing wasn't as easy as it is now and threes didn't fall with defenders in your face at an alarming rate. As of now ill take the demo over the retail.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Seriously, it's just user. I've been playing this game for a while and haven't had issues you're talking about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »