Home

NBA 2K13 Developer Insight - Audio

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Developer Insight - Audio within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #17
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Its their Christmas Jerseys. You have to wait until the teams wear them (Christmas day) in order for them to be unlocked, but Xbox owners may be able to unlock them through hex edit or something like that......

Back on topic....This is how we should have got all of the insights. Even though everything that was in the insight has already been noticed since the game is out, I got so much more out of reading this, then watching the video insights.
It's not the Christmas uniforms, it's the Winter League uniforms. They'll be worn for home weekend games the 2nd half of the season. Miami, LA, NY & Chicago all have them.

http://theknickswall.com/2012/10/10/...tmas-uniforms/

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 10-11-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
I play MyPlayer on PS3 and they also never say my name. They always say my nickname "The Kid" even with endorsements and all...Can this be fixed at all please?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K13 Developer Insight - Audio

These should come out before the game.. now people just complain about stuff after insights.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #20
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K13 Developer Insight - Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
is the new nba today audio in association as well?
I've only really seen it in myplayer
Old 10-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Now, why do they call me by my nickname most of the time instead of my actual name? Wasn't a problem last year. AND during the draft, Stern says, "The 21 year old from East Carolina." Why can't he say, "Jake Stevens, from East Carolina University?" That doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to fix...
At my draft, David Stern said my player's name Rodney Stevens. In the commentary the announcers alternate between calling me "Stevens" and my nickname "Lights Out".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavy23
At my draft, David Stern said my player's name Rodney Stevens. In the commentary the announcers alternate between calling me "Stevens" and my nickname "Lights Out".
It all depends if your name is one of the ones recognized. When you are creating your player you see that list of names that you can switch to the in the box. If your name is in there then you can select it and they will sometimes use it. If your name is not in there then they will use your nickname because it would be impossible for them to program it to say every name and every pronunciation in the world.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
It's not the Christmas uniforms, it's the Winter League uniforms. They'll be worn for home weekend games the 2nd half of the season. Miami, LA, NY & Chicago all have them.

http://theknickswall.com/2012/10/10/...tmas-uniforms/

ugh...the bulls one looks ugly. Im not a fan of "shiny" jerseys.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 10
The announcers and the PA both say your myplayer "real" name randomly when taking a shot or getting fouled. I'd say it's 70/30 being that they'll say your nickname more often than not.

Overall I'm happy with the audio presentation of the game. The previous years got repetitive fast. So far I'm 23 games into a season and they tend to switch up the commentary often, it doesn't mean I don't hear repetition.

I've noticed the home crowd reacts better when you take the lead or make a big play. It's not perfect but I'm finally content with the overall outcome of 2k. The last time I got my money's worth was way back in 2k7.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »